Confidence

Spooney1963

Like everyone else I am concerned about our dip in performance but let's be honest there's a long way to go yet. Derby is a big club with a big fan base but I have to say there's a percentage of fans that really need to shut up, stop moaning and start supporting the team.

Confidence is a fickle thing and can come back as quickly as it is lost but one thing is for sure that by constantly getting on their backs will not bring it back. I for one whilst disappointed at times never boo or berate the players, always stay to the end  and am 100% behind whoever plays. Perhaps if we all did that regardless it might help in taking a bit of pressure off. There is undoubted pressure on this team with the money spent and Derby fans and chairman expecting promotion. We should know better by now that this league cannot be predicted!!

I also think the game against Utd could work in our favour as for once we have no pressure on us to win. Any kind of result will be a huge confidence builder. It certainly isn't a waste of game as commented elsewhere.

If we want to see improvement and the promotion it is now that we all have to stick together. Get behind the team for the full 90 mins regardless of performance and result and hopefully the fear factor will be removed and both will improve.

Come on Rams fans prove our worth and let's do our bit

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. 

I never leave early or boo, but when then 3rd goal went in yesterday, and the ground emptied, I had zero problem with it. 

The fact that you don't want to stay and watch that shower of dross, or the fact that you want to boo a bunch over overpaid blokes that don't give it their all,  is their choice. It doesn't make them "half fans" and the arrogance of those that suggest they are is nauseating. 

If you think shouting will sort it out fine. Then the chairman is a genius, and his basil fawlty impression should have had the desired effect. 

alternatively with a cool head we might have recognised that v Reading the change of formation left a big hole in midfield, played butterfield too deep, and bent the team out of shape to suit He who wears gloves. 

26 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I agree. 

I never leave early or boo, but when then 3rd goal went in yesterday, and the ground emptied, I had zero problem with it. 

The fact that you don't want to stay and watch that shower of dross, or the fact that you want to boo a bunch over overpaid blokes that don't give it their all,  is their choice. It doesn't make them "half fans" and the arrogance of those that suggest they are is nauseating. 

Agree, i am a ST holder and away member and go to just about all the games, I am a stay until the end merchant but yesterday I got up and left at 3. There is something awry at the club for us to put in the performances we have this week, yesterday was hugely dispiriting. 

There is nothing wrong in showing your view of how the teams performance went, but after the game has finished!

We paid our money and like to watch a good game of footie, if after the 90 mins we are dire then we have a right as a paying punter to show your feelings.

After all we clap when we enjoyed it. Every stadium up and down the country football fans air their views, always has been the norm.

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Agree, i am a ST holder and away member and go to just anout all the games, I am a stay until the end merchant but yesterday I got up and left at 3. There is something awry at the club for us to put in the performances we have this week, yesterday was hugely dispiriting. 

You missed the whole thing then.

any predictions for the lottery?

Who cares if people left early. Stop making such a big deal out of it. Fans have a right to leave whenever they want, they pay good money. The players gave up a long time before the fans did. Yes I did stay till the end but I can understand why a lot of people didn't.

28 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I agree. 

Absolutely spot on.

When should we open the thread about the supporters confidence. I was confident we would finish the season well just before Christmas and we had a good chance of promotion. My confidence is very low now but who is going to reinstate it for me, the players, Paul Clement, Sam Rush or a free scarf.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If people are leaving early for a genuine reason then fair play, but 'We're losing, I've got a long drive and I want to beat the traffic' doesn't cut it for me. ***** fans. Losing is a part of football. I honestly don't even know why some people show up.

The funny thing about the early leavers is that every week, they end up having to leave earlier because so many of them do it. At one time it was 5 minutes before the final whistle, then 10, now 15 or more. Soon, it won't be worth being in the ground for the second half - and a case could have been made for that yesterday, of course.

Just now, eddie said:

The funny thing about the early leavers is that every week, they end up having to leave earlier because so many of them do it. At one time it was 5 minutes before the final whistle, then 10, now 15 or more. Soon, it won't be worth being in the ground for the second half - and a case could have been made for that yesterday, of course.

Yawn yawn yawn

Footballers are a privileged set of people .Must of us would like to be paid fabulous wages playing a sport we love .They have a very good life compared with everyday folk who have to endure long hours, lower salaries and the rest that life throws at them .

I appreciate that life also throws curved balls at everyone and they are not immune from that .But to say someone in that position suffers from lack of confidence just doesn't wash with me .Bunch of nancy boys if true. 

I am really jealous of those fans who have so much faith in this team that they genuinely believe that we will regroup and start on a run that takes us to promotion. I wish I could. There's something intrinsically wrong with the team - individual and team performance, tactics, selection, morale etc. I went back to the Fatherland to watch us play Fulham and though we won and got three points which is what counts, we were poor and didn't look a promotion chasing team. And it's just continued.

I note that the number of posters who immediately slag off any poster who questions our performance has decreased significantly. A sense of realism has perhaps sunk in. It will be an interesting next few games. I hope things will improve, but...........

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Spoken like an early leaver. Why do people like you even bother going?

Get a grip and get off your high horse. Does it give you some sort of superiority complex to say that you didn't leave early? I wish now that I did leave early yesterday because the players left a long time before the fans did. 

Archived