Ince will tear us apart again

sage

8 hours ago, SIWY said:

Didn't think Ince was too bad last night. A lot of stuff didn't come off for him, but it did look as though if anyone was going to do something last night it would be him. Also he put in a good contribution closing down and tracking back (when he was put back out wide). 

Yeah I think ince was our most dangerous forward and could have scored a couple if the ball had broken more kindly for him. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 or 5 times last night Ince tried a dummy or a fancy flick and each time the defender was wise to it.

There needs to be more times when he holds the ball and does what is best for the team rather than himself.

Thought his work rate was ok, especially in comparison to Russell.

I wasnt at the game, so cant comment, about performances, but from everyones comments here,and PC's comments after the game it sounds like a clusterfuk all round....  could it be that like at the beginning of the season when PC was surrounded by new players(to him) and is now trying to again try to find out his best team and formation again ? PC said he asked them to play a certain way and it didnt happen ? Is that a collective fault or team or Manager ?

I remember listening to Alan Curbishley, after his successful climb up the leagues with Charlton, he was saying that his hardest learning curve was dealing with ever more expensive players expectations, and petulance .....

Just points to consider before we blame any single person, it may be just another period that PC needs to think things through and then establish the right formula/permutations, we are after all trying to evolve, and that takes time and some errors.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sick and tired of watching Ince under perform!

It's a good job his Dad has those eyes and could only see the goal mouth action. If he had normal eyes he'd realise that his son couldn't cut it in the Prem because he's as lazy a footballer as you'll ever see.

In my opinion he's playing in the wrong position or at least on the wrong side of the pitch. But whenever Christie breaks forward Ince sets off only to turn back after two or three metres to receive an absolutely pointless pass. Or on the rare occasion he breaks forward we all know (and so does every left back in the division) that he's going to turn inside. And it would be nice if he at least jumped for the balls in the air, you never know he might win a header or put the opposition off.

Now don't tell me he's lacking confidence. Ever. He thinks he's our star man. He struts out with his socks covering his knees trying to look mean yet he couldn't win a 50/50 with a traffic cone.

I asked my son who his favourite player was recently and he said "Ince". I said "pick again!".

12 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Seriously?

By a long, long way. I don't even know how it can be within any doubt. 

39 games, 19 goals for us in 2015. Arguably the only player who hasn't let us down. 

Aside from Judge, he's also the highest scoring winger in the Championship this season too. 

22 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

the only thing i agree with you on is that he is being played out of position probably our most dangerous player from just outside the box through the middle

So you're saying he does challenge for headers? and that he doesn't check back nine times out of ten? For the money we paid for him he needs to be stronger and fearless. He bottles it in the big games.

But like I said he's not alone.

He's left footed. So why don't try something really drastic. Like try him out on the left! I know. Crazy suggestion!!

Also Weimann. When he played for Villa, in the Premier league I may add played on the right. Guess what he's right footed!! So why has he never not once played in a position he's played at at a much higher level? He looked awkward on the left. Now what's the point in spending a big fee on a player to then not play him where he's most comfortable? 

Same with Ince he played on left side for Blackpool as they had Matt Phillips on the right! Why do we insist on ******* up decent players by over complicating where they play?

Well yes the front three of Blackman, Martin and Ince just doesnt work .  None of then really wingers... Blackman and ince left footed, but best in central role or cutting inside. Weimann on the left, also not a winger. Bent scores goals but like everyone else he needs service. Camara gives us pace and width.. but his service so hit amd miss which doesnt suit martin who needs it played to him not scrapping for bits and pieces. These arent the only problems of course.. midfield aint working so well either  with Johnson out of form. As for defence well I hope the Keogh and Shackell horror show last night was just a one -off because they have been our biggest strength this season.

2 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

So you're saying he does challenge for headers? and that he doesn't check back nine times out of ten? For the money we paid for him he needs to be stronger and fearless. He bottles it in the big games.

But like I said he's not alone.

Why are you judging him on challenging for headers ? Heading is not part of his game. His strengths are running with the ball. The problem is we dont play where we can get the best out of him. That goes for a number of our players

Archived