Ince will tear us apart again

sage

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Why are you judging him on challenging for headers ? Heading is not part of his game. His strengths are running with the ball. The problem is we dont play where we can get the best out of him. That goes for a number of our players

I'm not judging him on his heading, I'm wondering why he doesn't at least jump rather than give the opposition a free header.

He should be played left-centre. He's so predictable it's unreal. He somehow saves himself by clipping in the odd great strike but it's never in the games we need him to do it.

Its simple. If you're a decent left back you have him in your pocket all day long.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a goalscorer, but not much else.

Oh sure, he gets back to defend, and that can be to his credit... but only once the danger is already present and almost fully developed. There's not a hope in Hell of him actually tracking the play and spotting danger ahead of time - he's relying on Christie to do that, Heaven help us all.

It isn't a partnership that really works, backwards or forwards.

When attacking we always hear the excuse that they (both Ince & Christie) get doubled up on - so that must be three to four players they're taking out the game every time one has the ball!

It's a shame that, either neither of them can pick up their head and spot the pass to whichever man the opposition have left alone, not without taking 6 touches each first ...or, perhaps...  it's a shame that nobody else in the team has bothered to enter the area  vacated by the men doubling up on them to receive a pass in space.

Oh hold on, let's not forget Chris Martin having 2 opposition players up his arse all the time, so that's up to 6 players taken out by 3 of ours! Yet we can't find space to work openings? How many players are the opposition putting out each game? 20?

Ince's basic passing is not great, his decision making is almost as poor as Rusell's, his ability to link up with others (regularly, nice play with Russell theother week excepted) as part of a team where he isn't made the key man is highly in doubt

Man, I must be watching a different Tom Ince to many of you.

He doesn't  defend, he's awful at tracking back, awful at making a challenge. I can only remember him making one decent challenge and even then he game away a corner, which resulted in a goal.

He almost always cuts in on the left as mentioned before.

What has he done this season? Scored a hatrick? Against who? My dead parrot could have scored a hatrick against Bristol City that night.

Ince reminds me of Gary Teale, waving his hands around when things don't go his way.

Team player? Having a laugh. 

Ask yourself when did things to Pete Tong last season? 

19 goals, how many points did he win, would like to work out the W/L/D ratio with him in the team. Oh and he is so lazy.

The basic problem is that he's a no10, ie an attacker who wants to play in the hole. And thats the one position that doesn't exist in this system.

so we either change the system or change the player.

On the wing he has become predictable and he loses possession quite frequently. He looks like a loner who doesn't particularly bond with his team mates. Very rarely do you see him even talking to them. He's ultimately selfish like a striker in that he is focussed on trying to set up chances for himself not others. He trots about but he doesn't really  press. He appears to be saving his energy for when he gets the ball. 

The vast majority of crosses v Burnley were delivered by christie rather than Ince, which is interesting. Imagine if we still had Andre 'I'm not going to cross the halfway line' Wisdom. By offering more in the opposition half christie almost gives ince an easy opt out. 

Its not working. 

Unfortunately he's not a midfield player so he wouldn't fit into a 442 except as one of the 2 which leaves us the problem of who plays wide right midfield. In 4231 he was the central one of the 3 but he's too far up the pitch leaving a huge hole in midfield. 

Having signed Bent, Ince, Weimann and Blackman we have a surfeit of second strikers and yet we play a system that doesn't utilise a second striker. 

Dunno RamNut.  He claims he's best in the middle but his best football in his career has been LW. His Blackpool days, the goals he scored for us last season... left winger imo. Same with Russell and probably Blackman?. They claim to be central players but all their best stuff has come from time spent out wide.

Sorry to hear about your parrot, Subman. 

I would think that we judge a winger on the number of assists.

ince has one assist this season from open play.

it was in august.

(and he was in the no10 position putting johnny russell in v brum)

isnt he second highest scorer and id like to bet he covers more ground than most on the field the forwards in the system we are playing dont get enough early balls and are always marked because we play this risk free possession game looks good but not much end result as you saw at burnley manager needs to change to the exciting football we used to play i think we now have a good enough defense to do this now

8 hours ago, Subman said:

Man, I must be watching a different Tom Ince to many of you.

He doesn't  defend, he's awful at tracking back, awful at making a challenge. I can only remember him making one decent challenge and even then he game away a corner, which resulted in a goal.

He almost always cuts in on the left as mentioned before.

What has he done this season? Scored a hatrick? Against who? My dead parrot could have scored a hatrick against Bristol City that night.

Ince reminds me of Gary Teale, waving his hands around when things don't go his way.

Team player? Having a laugh. 

Ask yourself when did things to Pete Tong last season? 

19 goals, how many points did he win, would like to work out the W/L/D ratio with him in the team. Oh and he is so lazy.

I wouldn't like to be in the trenches with him if under fire 

Archived