Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Good atmosphere? Really? I'm in the south stand and I didn't think it was at all.

Yam Yam chants are fine at first, but doing it after chant they bloody sing. Bore. 

Brum fans belt out KRO, wish we had a chant like that. Breeds passion

Compared to Tuesday it was bloody amazing!!!!

If you're in the South Stand then why, erm, oh it doesn't matter... :whistle:

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I said before the game on here. It doesnt matter who plays upfront because if they get as little service and are as isolated as Martin is. Then it will be the same outcome. 

Blackman got absolutely nothing to go off. 

100% right, we are so quick to criticise Martin for his lack of goals recently, but this is a striker who has scored 20+ goals in his last 2 seasons he doesn't just automatically turn bad. Martin relies on service and with it can become the best striker in this league, but if we keep playing so deep and getting the ball no where near our attackers then it is pointless. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Re the subs I was screaming for Clem to make them from about half time. But they really werent any better and probably worse. We need a fit George Thorne or else the whole midfield doesnt work.  keeping Johnson on when he had such a shocker was maybe because Thorne just coudlnt last the 90. And Martin is just a waste of a shirt at the minute, if clem cant get more out of him then we  would have been better with bent or Weimann I think. Finally as for Camara boy does he look raw... I dont think he is right for this level although he does have pace . He isnt exactly a youngster tho, not sure why weve bought him. actually i thought Blackman looked quite good in the first half but then he faded. Unfortunately we coudlnt use enough subs.

Camara got more crosses into the box in his first five or ten minutes than anyone else had done all game from the left. 

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I said before the game on here. It doesnt matter who plays upfront because if they get as little service and are as isolated as Martin is. Then it will be the same outcome. 

Blackman got absolutely nothing to go off. 

Russell needs dropping. Hes awful. I was amazed he started. As soon as Camara came on he got at his full back, got to the byline, got crosses in and we created chances. He has to start the next game for me. I was surprised he didnt start this one. 

Why is Johnson undroppable? He was pathetic today. Looks like he doesnt want to know. How he got picked over Butterfield I have no idea. 

Carson back on the bench today. Almost nailed on that he starts next game. I know Grant made a very good save today. But its not just shot stopping that makes a good keeper. He is average at best at every other aspect. He should never in a million years have been beaten like that for the 2nd goal. 

The subs today were so so strange. I thought Thorne was our best player. One of the few out there that looked like they wanted to be. 

Today was simply not good enough and those players need to look at themselves and ask if they want it or not. 

The manager needs to be held accountable a bit today as well. Dropping Buttefield was stupid and how Russell and Johnson started today I have no idea. 

Clement needs to find his best side and play it every week unless theres an injury. At the minute he doesnt and I dont think any of us do either. 

Im worried about Christie as well. He slowly looks like his confidence is ebbing away. 

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock, Thorne, Hendrick, Butterfield, Ince, Camara, Martin. 

That would be the side I would go with at Burnley. 

Yes Mackworth I think thats a good summary... Grant , Johnson and Russell are a liability at the moment. I thought Blackman looked quite lively 1st half. And I agree about Christe too his confidence is going just like it did 2nd half of last season. Not sure about Camara , or Martin for that. I think the thing is with Thorne is he isnt fit. But in that case we should have a  CDM in his place. rather than trying to put square pegs in round holes.  

Comparing us to Boro is just silly,at the moment. Should Boro only get 2 points

from their next 3 games,they may well have to come out of their complacency.The

problem is that we are going through a bad patch,we know it happens but it has to

stop. I can't see where our next win is coming from,if I'm honest.However I wish the

people on here who keep sniping at fans who are genuinely concerned at our recent

run of poor form,would actually tell us what has to be done to put this right.I have given

my opinion several times,so lets hear it from others on here.

20 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I can't see where our next win is coming from,if I'm honest.

Aren't our next 4 in the league: Burnley, PNE, Fulham, Mk Dons?

You can't see where our next win is coming from? And you want people to stop sniping? Sorry mate, I just think that's a load of bum cum! 

Each to their own like, if you're that pessimistic then I pity you. 

CRAIG BRYSON

so i'm sure everything that needs to be said about todays game, has already been said, we had absolutely no movement off the ball when in possession(exactly like reading) and we had nothing about us. one person in particular who was poor, was johnson imo.

anyway, craig bryson! is he the person we are missing? do we need to get him tutoring our attacking midfielders on how to support martin?

in particular what im referring to is his ability to run beyond martin and he is that extra man which links our team together. I think we miss him more than we realise...

The last two games have been the worst I have witnessed for a long long time. I turned up today expecting to see Derby absolutely batter Birmingham after the Reading display. Today was even worse. 

Bradley Johnson is the biggest waste of money since the Paul Jewel era. Yet seemingly undroppable, and irreplaceable. 

Johnson is simply another Robbie Savage. Lots of running around like a headless chicken, rarely sticking to any position, and then the occasional row Z hero shot when a 6 yard pass into space would be the better option. 

I have supported PC massively and I love his honesty, but he needs to have a hard look at himself after today. Thorne was the best player we had, and Ince was the only one looking to try and get the ball and run at defenders. So he takes them both off, leaving Johnson, who was diabolical, on for the full 90 minutes. 

I'm dreading Burnley. Absolutely dreading it. 

Archived