Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

9 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Awful performance, outsang by 2500 Brummies. Our fans seemingly would rather sing "yam yam yam yam" after every chant, rather than actually sing about DCFC... A bit pathetic that.

Bore off, bet you had a nice old moan this afternoon didn't you?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Of course it isn't his fault, but the fact he spent money doesn't give him the right to interfere with football matters. Fawaz has spent a tonne of money on Forest, but we all agree he is a poor owner. 

Of course it doesn't, but to blame the shower of sh*te the players just showed on Mel is ridiculous. They were pretty poor before the Reading game, he can't be blamed for that as well.

Think we need to be a little worried about going to Burnley who looked very good last night.

You never know but the game against Utd as a one off may help restore a bit of confidence as we have nothing to lose with the pressure on them.

perhaps we can relax get something out of it and then press on again with confidence boosted

Edit

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Their coach must be on borrowed time. They are imploding. I can't see how they can turn it around.

etc etc etc

Well how many points have Boro got from the last 4 games? Andy I agree we shouldnt automatically press the panic button but I m not sure you have seen the last two games. They have been absolute horror shows, worse than anything I can remember since the season in the Prem. 

Its not just a one off is it? I dont think so there some pretty fundamental problems all over the pitch. whatever you or I may think or want, if you actually watch performances like that you know that they are not the type that  managers can survive too many of.

15 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Awful performance, outsang by 2500 Brummies. Our fans seemingly would rather sing "yam yam yam yam" after every chant, rather than actually sing about DCFC... A bit pathetic that.

That's it you have found out why our players have suddenly forgotten how to play football, it's the fans fault. If the fans had sang derby songs we would have thumped them. 

Question marks now over whether Paul Clement is actually up to the job, there are obviously issues going on behind the scenes, hence Mel and the Reading rant. God knows what he has said tonight, yes the players performances have been poor over recent weeks but so has the team selection and the substitutations and that rests with Paul Clement.

The way we are currently performing, we will be 4th by a week on Monday.

I do feel sorry for Mel Morris, he is a true fan, but unlike the rest of us he has invested millions of his own cash  and ended up with a team of individuals and a coach out of his depth!

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Someone a little bit wound up after losing? Trying to have a pop when there's nothing to have a pop at? The word cock in your name is perfect to describe you.

Hark at the big man, slagging off his fellow fans. Yes I'm a tad upset we lost, you obviously aren't, have a good old boo at the team today did you? 

I've just checked, we're still in the top 6. And to be honest it was always going to be tough to finish above 'Boro, Hull & Burnley. They've stuck with their respective managers for a few years now & it shows. We've just got to cling on to the top 6, which was the target for me, regardless of the money spent.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Question marks now over whether Paul Clement is actually up to the job, there are obviously issues going on behind the scenes, hence Mel and the Reading rant. God knows what he has said tonight, yes the players performances have been poor over recent weeks but so has the team selection and the substitutations and that rests with Paul Clement.

The way we are currently performing, we will be 4th a week on Monday.

I do feel sorry for Mel Morris, he is a true fan, but unlike the rest of us he has invested millions of his own cash  and ended up with a team of individuals and a coach out of his depth!

ANYTHING BUT 4TH. PLEASE. GOD.

PC needs to get the ballance right again, if play 4-3-3,  you need Chris Martin as the forward who holds the ball. Blackman could not do this.

So this system did not work today. We did not have a shot at goal until the 45th minute. If he wants to play Blackman it will have to be 2 up front.

We were top of the league on boxing day. Now with the new signings PC has  given himself a right headache trying to get these to gel.

It reminds me of the time we had Kitson, Johnson and Gabbiadini and Arthur Cox kept on playing them all together because they were the big money buys, but it was to the detriment of the team as results suffered.

Will this happen again?

Chairmen should stay away from the dressing room.

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Hark at the big man, slagging off his fellow fans. Yes I'm a tad upset we lost, you obviously aren't, have a good old boo at the team today did you? 

Slagging off? You're always there to take a pop at someone, wonder why?... 

Don't be silly, I was gone long before there was a time to boo. 

Re the subs I was screaming for Clem to make them from about half time. But they really werent any better and probably worse. We need a fit George Thorne or else the whole midfield doesnt work.  keeping Johnson on when he had such a shocker was maybe because Thorne just coudlnt last the 90. And Martin is just a waste of a shirt at the minute, if clem cant get more out of him then we  would have been better with bent or Weimann I think. Finally as for Camara boy does he look raw... I dont think he is right for this level although he does have pace . He isnt exactly a youngster tho, not sure why weve bought him. actually i thought Blackman looked quite good in the first half but then he faded. Unfortunately we coudlnt use enough subs.

I said before the game on here. It doesnt matter who plays upfront because if they get as little service and are as isolated as Martin is. Then it will be the same outcome. 

Blackman got absolutely nothing to go off. 

Russell needs dropping. Hes awful. I was amazed he started. As soon as Camara came on he got at his full back, got to the byline, got crosses in and we created chances. He has to start the next game for me. I was surprised he didnt start this one. 

Why is Johnson undroppable? He was pathetic today. Looks like he doesnt want to know. How he got picked over Butterfield I have no idea. 

Carson back on the bench today. Almost nailed on that he starts next game. I know Grant made a very good save today. But its not just shot stopping that makes a good keeper. He is average at best at every other aspect. He should never in a million years have been beaten like that for the 2nd goal. 

The subs today were so so strange. I thought Thorne was our best player. One of the few out there that looked like they wanted to be. 

Today was simply not good enough and those players need to look at themselves and ask if they want it or not. 

The manager needs to be held accountable a bit today as well. Dropping Buttefield was stupid and how Russell and Johnson started today I have no idea. 

Clement needs to find his best side and play it every week unless theres an injury. At the minute he doesnt and I dont think any of us do either. 

Im worried about Christie as well. He slowly looks like his confidence is ebbing away. 

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock, Thorne, Hendrick, Butterfield, Ince, Camara, Martin. 

That would be the side I would go with at Burnley. 

Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Slagging off? You're always there to take a pop at someone, wonder why?... 

Don't be silly, I was gone long before there was a time to boo. 

Erm, it was you slagging off our fans, the atmosphere was good from SS today, until we conceded. Yes the Brummie fans were nice and loud, so were we at the start, and there were only a couple of Yam Yam chants, it's crowd banter between opposing fans, it's not pathetic, it's fun and has been for decades.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

Thanks for your input.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Re the subs I was screaming for Clem to make them from about half time. But they really werent any better and probably worse. We need a fit George Thorne or else the whole midfield doesnt work.  keeping Johnson on when he had such a shocker was maybe because Thorne just coudlnt last the 90. And Martin is just a waste of a shirt at the minute, if clem cant get more out of him then we  would have been better with bent or Weimann I think. Finally as for Camara boy does he look raw... I dont think he is right for this level although he does have pace . He isnt exactly a youngster tho, not sure why weve bought him. actually i thought Blackman looked quite good in the first half but then he faded. Unfortunately we coudlnt use enough subs.

The best strikers in the world couldn't have played upfront for us today. No service, no support from the midfield

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Erm, it was you slagging off our fans, the atmosphere was good from SS today, until we conceded. Yes the Brummie fans were nice and loud, so were we at the start, and there were only a couple of Yam Yam chants, it's crowd banter between opposing fans, it's not pathetic, it's fun and has been for decades.

Thanks for your input.

Good atmosphere? Really? I'm in the south stand and I didn't think it was at all.

Yam Yam chants are fine at first, but doing it after chant they bloody sing. Bore. 

Brum fans belt out KRO, wish we had a chant like that. Breeds passion

Archived