Guillem Balague

Alph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

So you could do it but won't?.....I could bed Cheryl Cole but I probably won't 

I will not have the time or the money and probably the opportunity to. Or something like that.

And no this isn't an Alex moment applying for the Mansfield job :lol:

Just as a complete aside whilst talking about  sky , all of these really annoy me about sky sports news :

•  all the female presenters other than Kirsty G and Kate A speaking as if there is a full stop after every word 
  • why Jim White feels the need to communicate to viewers by shouting at the top of his voice
  • how sky have the temerity to increase subscription charges whilst at the same time losing key events like Champions League
  • Thierry Henry
  • Jamie Redknapp
  • pretending that the FA Cup doesn't exist
  • the laughable  farce that is their coverage of deadline day
  • an utter disinterest in football before the Premier League

I'm sure that there are lots more if I started making a note of them

If you're making a list of things wrong with Sky Sports, using Football Manager game stats to discuss players has got to be number 1.

Has to be some sort of deal in place between the 2 companies but it's embarrassing.

I can't thing of a single thing to complain about the female presenters. Sky do a great job hiring these beauties.

Playing football for years does not automatically make someone a good pundit. It's not their fault but most crucial aspects of a game are as blindingly obvious to the seasoned football fan as they are to them.  We don't really need them to tell us that when playing offside the fullback shouldn't be two steps behind the centre back (although maybe someone should tell Cyrus), or how defenders hate playing against forwards with pace and so on.  The only good thing about post match analysis really are the action replays, so you can see precisely what happened...just before you are bored to tears by Shearer. 

That's why i prefer to listen to sports journalists than ex-pros generally speaking as they seem to have a more in depth knowledge about things happening behind the scenes at clubs, which is not apparent to the rest of us and they should have the ability to explain their views clearly. 

Not that all ex-pros are bad, I like Le Tissier...and.i thought Neville was a good pundit, as was Andy Gray before him, despite being a d***.  But at the other end of the scale you have Danny Mills saying things like.

"There is no precedent for what Suarez did, other than he’s done it before.” 

and Andy Townsend giving us the benefit of all his years of football experience to inform us that

“England have fallen short in the last third, which is a key area.”

22 hours ago, Highgate said:

Playing football for years does not automatically make someone a good pundit. It's not their fault but most crucial aspects of a game are as blindingly obvious to the seasoned football fan as they are to them.  We don't really need them to tell us that when playing offside the fullback shouldn't be two steps behind the centre back (although maybe someone should tell Cyrus), or how defenders hate playing against forwards with pace and so on.  The only good thing about post match analysis really are the action replays, so you can see precisely what happened...just before you are bored to tears by Shearer. 

That's why i prefer to listen to sports journalists than ex-pros generally speaking as they seem to have a more in depth knowledge about things happening behind the scenes at clubs, which is not apparent to the rest of us and they should have the ability to explain their views clearly. 

Not that all ex-pros are bad, I like Le Tissier...and.i thought Neville was a good pundit, as was Andy Gray before him, despite being a d***.  But at the other end of the scale you have Danny Mills saying things like.

"There is no precedent for what Suarez did, other than he’s done it before.” 

and Andy Townsend giving us the benefit of all his years of football experience to inform us that

“England have fallen short in the last third, which is a key area.”

Did he really say that? That's outstanding - up there with Bobby Robson's, 'We didn't underestimate them, they were just better than we thought they were.'

Yeah he did, a a few years ago now, on BBC, after the Ivanovic bite i think, prior to the Chellini nibble. The precedent being biting Bakkal while he was at Ajax.  

Ah, Bobby Robson's, hard not to like and he clearly knew his football but he really did have a unique way of looking at things..like when he said;

“We’re flying on Concorde. That’ll shorten the distance. That’s self-explanatory.”

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And today's Sky Sports "News"

Klopp on Guardiola

Klopp on Pato

Klopp on winter break and transfers

Who's Liverpool's no 1

Liverpool recall GK from Aberdeen.

Watch!! Liverpool GK saves! 

Riveting stuff - after @MuespachRam with the riveting gun.

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Thank goodness we don't have Sky.

Oh this is the news app. It's free. You can keep up to date with all the Liverpool latest and up to date transfer news of players that aren't transferring.  

Sometimes you get the news. But it's so rare that it never gets in the way

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh this is the news app. It's free. You can keep up to date with all the Liverpool latest and up to date transfer news of players that aren't transferring.  

Sometimes you get the news. But it's so rare that it never gets in the way

anymore news on Gerard..? I haven't heard anything since he made his season long farewell to come over here and win more medals.....only to come over here and do absolutely nothing but cry about how he didnt realize how much traveling would be involved.....because the USA is famously small you pin headed fool....it's not his fault, it never is.... anyway, if you see anything that i might have missed, please let me know

• 2 months later...

I know some enjoy his match analysis but he's a walking Football Manager advert.

“No, this is not true. At the moment, PSG are the club that are trying to put a big financial offer in place. I personally think that PSG have convinced Ronaldo, but they obviously have to put it all in financial terms and convince Real Madrid too. A lot of the deal has not been done and there is no guarantee it will happen yet.”

"Everybody expects Real Madrid to pay the 30million euros needed to bring Morata back to Madrid. However, because Real Madrid are unsure over the shape of their team going forward due to the ban and the recycling they are planning, there is no guarantee that Morata will stay at the Bernabeu or sold on. What’s interesting is that Morata’s priority is to remain at Juventus having had the experience he has had at Madrid previously.”

"I’ll tell you what people are saying and you can make of it what you want. Louis van Gaal thinks he is staying, he is planning for the future. He changed the club’s pre-season plans and he is giving his opinions on potential future strikers of Manchester United – of which Romelu Lukaku tops the list. Mourinho’s people are saying everything is done and Mourinho himself is telling people close to him the same thing. United, however, are saying that nothing is set in stone. As you can see there is a little bit of confusion there. I will leave it at that.”

"This is a good opportunity. Kroos has been meaning to leave this season, he doesn’t feel comfortable in his position and he is not enjoying his stay in Madrid. Of course, a lot of money will be involved in any deal and Madrid will have to decide what kind of team they are going to have over the next 18 months while their ban is in force. There are a lot of things to sort out at Madrid before Kroos goes anywhere.”

knoooooob heeeeeeaaaaad

Does everyone know Real need to pay €30m for Morata? I didn't. Did you?

Is Van Gaal staying? Is he going? This fella knows. He might be going and he might not be. But he's not telling. He's seen his shopping list though. It's physically written down and posted to Spain

And Kroos isn't happy. Oh no. He's fed up. He confessed all on the phone the other night. He wants to leave but he isn't because Real Madrid who don't need him want lots of money for him but they can't sell him anyway....

Where do you get an application form to get paid for this ****. All I've learned is that at least 1 copy of Football Manager will be sold every year.

On 8 January 2016 at 08:29, Srg said:

No he wouldn't, just as Nigel Clough wouldn't have come here. 

But again, listening to dinosaurs talk about hoofing the ball into the box when they were last successful in the late 90s is a bit of joke. Football changes, people like Curbishley are so irrelevant. 

Derby were on tv the other week and the co-commentator spent half the game talking about how we needed to go long. Because obviously, that's something we do and we are good at doing. It's nonsense. 

Much prefer someone with some actual personality, creating a debate. 

Even the football writers show is better than these same old middle of the road players and managers, because even as journalists they stimulate some debate. 

Robbie "I was world class" Savage.:ph34r:

Archived