Guillem Balague

Alph

He's worse than Nixon. If anybody bothers with the sky sports news app then you'll know him as the Spanish football expert who gets 99% of stuff completely wrong.

Just this season we've had

Messi and Neymar want to leave Barca

Bale wants to leave Real twice. Even though Bale has gone public saying he wants to stay.

Benitez has until the end of the season and will be sacked anyway. 

Real want Jose back. But from the looks of things they don't. 

Ronaldo to leave Real. He's unhappy and won't sign new contract. Then in the same week Ronaldo said that he thinks by the time he leaves Real that he might be too old to play for an elite club

Pep won't leave Bayern

Pep to leave Bayern and go to Chelsea who have offered a blank cheque

Costa wants to go back to Athletico 

Messi doesn't like Enrique.

Bale won't go to Man Utd

Alves will not stay for the 15/16 season

All these players and managers reveal so much info to him and then go change their minds all the time. It's like Stoke and Bojan have both told him that there's a £10m release clause if Stoke go down. It seems anybody who's even been on holiday to Spain instantly reveals delicate info to this guy. 

Between this nutcase and "who should Liverpool buy in January" , "what formation should Klopp play", "What's next for Liverpool", "Benzema to Liverpool" and "Who is Liverpool's Firminio and why he will be the Messi of the Premier League"... I'm starting to wonder if it's wrongly names Sky Sports News. 

It's Sky Football Manager ******.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just saying to my lad yesterday they should call it Sky Sports Speculates, there was more Sky Sports understands this might happen or it might not, and their "investigating" correspondents are crap.

And worst of all, they continue to employ Jim White a man I'd never tire of punching.

Obviously deals come and go, situations change all the time.

However, that said, the reporting of the big-named players is tiresome. Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Isco, Messi and Benzema in particular have been linked to every club on the planet.

They even say they are staying at Barca/Madrid, but then new fresh reports suggest otherwise.

Muller, Lewandowski, Gotze, Reus, Gundogan... It's the same in Germany too. Forver linked with about five Premier League teams, seemingly always on the move or willing to leave.

No wonder Ronaldo doesn't talk to the media anymore. They often write so much rubbish.

There's a huge problem here. 

I like to compare it with America, who do sports coverage fantastically. But they don't do it in a speculative, self news-making way. They don't disguise it. They do proper think pieces, proper discussions.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

There's a huge problem here. 

I like to compare it with America, who do sports coverage fantastically. But they don't do it in a speculative, self news-making way. They don't disguise it. They do proper think pieces, proper discussions.

"10 trades we'd like to see happen" etc. Far more interesting to read.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

"10 trades we'd like to see happen" etc. Far more interesting to read.

Exactly. They create proper debate, they don't act like these things are actually happening until they are

Well Man City fans have given Balague the nickname "Ballbag" for the reasons you have stated. The funny thing is that Balague is one of sky sports' better pundits, which shows you how much trouble they are in. Although he knows a lot about football, he talks a load of ****. I switched sky sports news on at lunch today and they were assessing norwich's new right back signing by using football manager. Apparently the lad is "rapid" as he scored an impressive 17 out of 20 in the pace stat. Not surprisingly I turned over straight away.

I often also watch sky sports news during the day and they have a programme called the morning view which comes on from 10-12. Their main pundits are alan curbishley,david prutton, tony gale, ray parlour, peter beagrie, danny higingbottom, stuart pearce, andy hinchcliffe and don goodman. I ask myself why I pay for this **** after listening to their "expert analysis."

Not seeing a lot of love for Guillem here, but i think he is excellent. Clearly knows as much about Spanish football as anybody.  Transfer speculation is just that...speculation, it's difficult to predict the future!  Saying something may happen any why it may happen is completely different from saying that it will.  Best pundit on Sky Sports in my opinion (not the highest of praise i know)

I'd rate Gabriele Marcotti and Graham Hunter highly also. 

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I often also watch sky sports news during the day and they have a programme called the morning view which comes on from 10-12. Their main pundits are alan curbishley,david prutton, tony gale, ray parlour, peter beagrie, danny higingbottom, stuart pearce, andy hinchcliffe and don goodman. I ask myself why I pay for this **** after listening to their "expert analysis."

Yeah it's difficult at times to keep up with that bunch's searing insights!  Still you can hardly blame them for turning up when asked and taking their easy money.  Makes you wonder what Sky's Sports thinks of its viewers though.  And then they feel it is necessary to tell us repeatedly about who said what on twitter. 

Revista de la Liga was the best football programme on TV in my opinion, until they cancelled it.

4 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah it's difficult at times to keep up with that bunch's searing insights!  Still you can hardly blame them for turning up when asked and taking their easy money.  Makes you wonder what Sky's Sports thinks of its viewers though.  And then they feel it is necessary to tell us repeatedly about who said what on twitter. 

Revista de la Liga was the best football programme on TV in my opinion, until they cancelled it.

Don't get me started on their ridiculous polls and social media reaction. If we wanted to know who said what on twitter then I'm sure that we can look for ourselves. We aren't living in the stone ages where no-one has internet connection for heavans sake sky. I agree with you about revista de la liga, at least balague and graeme hunter have a broad knowledge of the game and presented their views in a way that didn't patronise the viewers.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

How many professional matches have these lot played? They are experts compared to you

12 minutes ago, Daveo said:

How many professional matches have these lot played? They are experts compared to you

Not entirely sure why that matters though? Doesn't automatically make them expert speakers on the game, nor make their opinions on something they have nothing to do with more valid. 

Just a couple of days ago there was a story on Sky Sports website with Ian Holloway dismantling Zinedine Zidane and his credentials to be a manager. Left you thinking who the hell are you to say anything on how Real Madrid operate, let alone Zidane himself. Apparently Zidane should manage Stevenage like Sherringham. 

Just now, Srg said:

Not entirely sure why that matters though? Doesn't automatically make them expert speakers on the game, nor make their opinions on something they have nothing to do with more valid. 

Just a couple of days ago there was a story on Sky Sports website with Ian Holloway dismantling Zinedine Zidane and his credentials to be a manager. Left you thinking who the hell are you to say anything on how Real Madrid operate, let alone Zidane himself. Apparently Zidane should manage Stevenage like Sherringham. 

Of course it does, they have lived and breathed the game for years, been out there on the pitch, know what it takes and tactical knowledge isn't gained through FM or FIFA. 

Spend 20 years in any job and unless you've been asleep you should be an expert.

Zidanes record doesn't look that great, it's a PR appointment after Benitez trying to win the fans round. Would he have been given the job had he not been a Real Madrid legend?

Archived