Clement Bears Fruit

utisbug

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Clement gets us promoted in his first season surely that deserves massive praise, having money is one thing but making a good team in no time at all is impressive. First line of his management CV: "Promoted in first full season".

Clement has done a tremendous job so far, introducing a new style of play and adapting the players quickly to it shows what an effective coach he is.  Furthermore i like his style, he is cool and collected, honest and seems an introspective perfectionist.  Those types not only set high standards for themselves but for all around them as well.  The man oozes confidence and competence and yes it's contagious.  Taking Derby up in the first try would delight but not surprise me.

You really need to write longer sentences. Flower your prose up a little and go easy on the full stops. Despite being full of opinions this almost reads like a monotone list of facts. The last paragraph in particular is exhausting and, worse than that, it doesn’t really say anything we don't already know. Think of your audience - what are you trying to get across? The point about him not rose-tinting his comments after the Middlesbrough game was a good one - tell me more about that. That match showed Clement’s risk-taking side, didn’t it? For much of the season he’s looked more like a manager who hates losing than one willing to throw the dice, and that match was remarkable in the ambition shown. Do you think he’s changed his outlook since all those draws earlier this season? Is he now more willing to take risks because our form is good, or has he growing in confidence? Seems a little arrogant of him to think he can outmanoeuvre Karanka in his own back yard, no? It was a brave move.

The article is disappointing because it spends very little time discussing its subject.

35 minutes ago, toldu said:

It made the decision for him  -   bought in two fast front men immediately. No waiting until the end of the month.....

I don't think even Sir Sam could respond that quickly.  Me thinks these deals must have been lined up well before the Boro game.

1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I don't think he's 'made a good team in no time at all'. He inherited an excellent squad in the first place. However, I have been impressed with the way he's shored up the defence and still kept us scoring and winning games. Huge credit to him for that. 

Squad and team are two totally different things. Last 15 games of last season were hilariously bad.

49 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You really need to write longer sentences. Flower your prose up a little and go easy on the full stops. Despite being full of opinions this almost reads like a monotone list of facts. The last paragraph in particular is exhausting and, worse than that, it doesn’t really say anything we don't already know. Think of your audience - what are you trying to get across? The point about him not rose-tinting his comments after the Middlesbrough game was a good one - tell me more about that. That match showed Clement’s risk-taking side, didn’t it? For much of the season he’s looked more like a manager who hates losing than one willing to throw the dice, and that match was remarkable in the ambition shown. Do you think he’s changed his outlook since all those draws earlier this season? Is he now more willing to take risks because our form is good, or has he growing in confidence? Seems a little arrogant of him to think he can outmanoeuvre Karanka in his own back yard, no? It was a brave move.

The article is disappointing because it spends very little time discussing its subject.

noooooooooooo, I hold the dcfcfans forum record for huge sentences, I love to rant and lose all composure.

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Agree with this. The article is just saying things we already know and is written in a list, rather than a story. You need to use some varied punctuation and elaborate on your sentences more. Seems to be a lot of un needed text in there that makes it boring to read. E.G. Do we really need to know that Shackell was signed by Clough previously? 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Squad and team are two totally different things. Last 15 games of last season were hilariously bad.

Ok then.

This is a 'team' full of players who we have seen are quite capable of getting themselves into a good position at the top of the league. Grant, Hendrick, Martin, Forsyth, Keogh, Christie, Hughes, Russell (as well as Ince & Bent on loan) are all players that were heavily involved last season in getting us to the top of the table, as well as the subsequent late-season drop in form that saw us drop out of the top 6. With the exception of Hughes, all of these players have again been heavily involved in this season, with several additions by Clement.

I'm happy to heap praise on him as I believe he's doing a very good job, but saying he's "built a team" suggests that they are predominantly his signings or have never performed well before his arrival, which is certainly not the case. 

4 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Since it's a blog and not a piece of journalism there is no obligation to do anything other than splatter opinion should one wish. It's is a short piece, written on a blog, and so, done in a way that mirrors this. If you wish to read longer sentences, read some of my fiction. 

You seem confused. There is no mention on the risks taken by Clement in the Middlesbrough game. There was nothing remarkable about taking Derby County to Middlesbrough and employing the tactics he did, It is a moot point, it is in fact irrelevant to the point. The referral to Paul Clement rolling his dice in the Premier League should he get there is merely pointing out just that, that he be there, he will do just that, roll his dice. It seems this has given you the impression there is an attempt to covet Clement as a gambler. This is not the case. Your opinion on the arrogance of Clement to try and play a certain way at Middlesbrough is a view of yours, clearly. I'm just unclear how it is relevant to the points made in the blog. 

The article is quite clearly a brief attempt to outline Paul Clement has inherited a model, ethos and squad and is somewhat bearing the fruit of previous endeavours. You seem to want more information and detail on Paul Clement and his evolving abilities as manager. That has little to do with this piece.

1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Ok then.

This is a 'team' full of players who we have seen are quite capable of getting themselves into a good position at the top of the league. Grant, Hendrick, Martin, Forsyth, Keogh, Christie, Hughes, Russell (as well as Ince & Bent on loan) are all players that were heavily involved last season in getting us to the top of the table, as well as the subsequent late-season drop in form that saw us drop out of the top 6. With the exception of Hughes, all of these players have again been heavily involved in this season, with several additions by Clement.

I'm happy to heap praise on him as I believe he's doing a very good job, but saying he's "built a team" suggests that they are predominantly his signings or have never performed well before his arrival, which is certainly not the case. 

I meant more in terms of ethos and strengthening. I don't care where the players got before because at the end of the day they failed. If we go up Paul will have created a team ethic and blend that actually worked.

4 hours ago, utisbug said:

Since it's a blog and not a piece of journalism there is no obligation to do anything other than splatter opinion should one wish. It's is a short piece, written on a blog, and so, done in a way that mirrors this. If you wish to read longer sentences, read some of my fiction. 

You seem confused. There is no mention on the risks taken by Clement in the Middlesbrough game. There was nothing remarkable about taking Derby County to Middlesbrough and employing the tactics he did, It is a moot point, it is in fact irrelevant to the point. The referral to Paul Clement rolling his dice in the Premier League should he get there is merely pointing out just that, that he be there, he will do just that, roll his dice. It seems this has given you the impression there is an attempt to covet Clement as a gambler. This is not the case. Your opinion on the arrogance of Clement to try and play a certain way at Middlesbrough is a view of yours, clearly. I'm just unclear how it is relevant to the points made in the blog. 

The article is quite clearly a brief attempt to outline Paul Clement has inherited a model, ethos and squad and is somewhat bearing the fruit of previous endeavours. You seem to want more information and detail on Paul Clement and his evolving abilities as manager. That has little to do with this piece.

You really don't think that Clement sacrificing a point to go for three - when in his opening matches he did the opposite - is worthy of remark?

Maybe don't post links to your work on forums you don't contribute to if you can't take a bit of constructive criticism.

Archived