Clement Bears Fruit

utisbug

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You really don't think that Clement sacrificing a point to go for three - when in his opening matches he did the opposite - is worthy of remark?

Maybe don't post links to your work on forums you don't contribute to if you can't take a bit of constructive criticism.

Like I said, your point is moot. You're saying something should be included because it is worthy of a remark, in your opinion. You're right, every single point Paul Clement, Derby County, Middlesbrough related and anything else mentioned in the article  should be explored, examined and addressed until nobody has any further queries. Should the article not pursue a direction a particular reader wishes then it has failed and should not be published. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You really need to write longer sentences. Flower your prose up a little and go easy on the full stops. Despite being full of opinions this almost reads like a monotone list of facts. The last paragraph in particular is exhausting and, worse than that, it doesn’t really say anything we don't already know. Think of your audience - what are you trying to get across? The point about him not rose-tinting his comments after the Middlesbrough game was a good one - tell me more about that. That match showed Clement’s risk-taking side, didn’t it? For much of the season he’s looked more like a manager who hates losing than one willing to throw the dice, and that match was remarkable in the ambition shown. Do you think he’s changed his outlook since all those draws earlier this season? Is he now more willing to take risks because our form is good, or has he growing in confidence? Seems a little arrogant of him to think he can outmanoeuvre Karanka in his own back yard, no? It was a brave move.

The article is disappointing because it spends very little time discussing its subject.

Good points, and I know I'm setting myself up for some trolling here, but here's one for you. Don't make a declarative sentence and then add "no?" at the end. I've seen loads of people do that on different internet forums lately, but strangely, I don't think anyone has ever said that out loud to me in my entire life. Reason being people don't talk like that unless they're Spanish or something and, frankly, it sounds stupid.

Besides how annoying it sounds the worst thing about it is it would actually serve more purpose in spoken English than written English. If you've already spoken a statement out loud I suppose adding "no?" at the end would serve a function if you wanted to query whether the person agreed with what you just said.  But when you're taking the time to write something is it so unreasonable able to expect you to construct the sentence that incorporates the question to begin with? Or alternatively, it would be reasonable for you to construct the sentence that incorporated the question to begin with, no?

"No?" What an annoying internet fad. 

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Good points, and I know I'm setting myself up for some trolling here, but here's one for you. Don't make a declarative sentence and then add "no?" at the end. I've seen loads of people do that on different internet forums lately, but strangely, I don't think anyone has ever said that out loud to me in my entire life. Reason being people don't talk like that unless they're Spanish or something and, frankly, it sounds stupid.

Besides how annoying it sounds the worst thing about it is it would actually serve more purpose in spoken English than written English. If you've already spoken a statement out loud I suppose adding "no?" at the end would serve a function if you wanted to query whether the person agreed with what you just said.  But when you're taking the time to write something is it so unreasonable able to expect you to construct the sentence that incorporates the question to begin with? Or alternatively, it would be reasonable for you to construct the sentence that incorporated the question to begin with, no?

"No?" What an annoying internet fad. 

Fair point and noted. I've probably said it once or twice but I can see why it's annoying.

Archived