Transfers all done for now

toddy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35251690

Paul Clement: Derby transfer incomings already done

Derby County have already finished signing players in the transfer window, according to head coach Paul Clement.

The Rams have brought in Guinea international striker Abdoul Camara and Reading forward Nick Blackman.

And Clement, whose side are second in the Championship, told BBC Radio Derby he was "pretty sure" the duo will be the only new faces arriving in January.

"The situation can change very quickly if you have an injury in a certain position," Clement added.

"We know very clearly where we are strong and where we have slightly less cover.

"If we were to pick up a serous injury that is going to take more than a week or two weeks to recover from, it might be that we have to do something. But at this point I am very happy with what we have brought in.

"We want to get promoted this year and, bringing in the additional talent in Abdoul and Nick, hopefully we will be able to achieve tha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully if an opportunity too good to refuse presents itself we will have a go. If Wednesday have an offer accepted for Judge and it's a low fee, I'd love for us to nip in and steal him from under their noses like we did Blackman. We have plenty of attacking minded players, but Judge for cheap would surely be too good to pass up.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

"We want to get promoted this year and, bringing in the additional talent in Abdoul and Nick, hopefully we will be able to achieve tha

Couldn't Mel find another 10p for the phonebox?

Just now, oldtimeram said:

What about O'Dowda?  Is this now dead in the water, or was it never really going to happen and was just paper talk?

If O'Dowda were to happen it would be for the u21s. I don't believe PC has any input on U21 signings, that's Wassall's area, so it wouldn't count as a signing to him. PC hasn't commented on any of our youth signings since he joined, interviews on RamsPlayer about them have all been with Wassall.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

If O'Dowda were to happen it would be for the u21s. I don't believe PC has any input on U21 signings, that's Wassall's area, so it wouldn't count as a signing to him. PC hasn't commented on any of our youth signings since he joined, interviews on RamsPlayer about them have all been with Wassall.

Whilst true, we haven't spent £750k+ on any, either.

Just now, Srg said:

Whilst true, we haven't spent £750k+ on any, either.

That's true, but I'm not sure that effects PC's involvement. (I don't know, but just doesn't seem how it works)

Clement is not asking to manage even more players than he already has to. As far as Clement knows, and is concerned, the squad is strong enough, that's it.

But, his position is different to the one Clough held, and even Maclaren.They had more say and input into the transfer dealings.  I don't think Clement has even asked for many of the signings that have been made since he was appointed. Probably got given a dossier and a video clip and some stats and he just had to agree. "O.K boss, I'll coach them, sure Gov "

I wouldn't be surprised if Mel and Sam pull off a couple more signings in the coming weeks, whether Clement wants them or not. Clement's job is to manage and coach whichever players Mel and Agents Chief Sam can haggle deals for and think would make the side even stronger. 

36 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Clement is not asking to manage even more players than he already has to. As far as Clement knows, and is concerned, the squad is strong enough, that's it.

But, his position is different to the one Clough held, and even Maclaren.They had more say and input into the transfer dealings.  I don't think Clement has even asked for many of the signings that have been made since he was appointed. Probably got given a dossier and a video clip and some stats and he just had to agree. "O.K boss, I'll coach them, sure Gov "

I wouldn't be surprised if Mel and Sam pull off a couple more signings in the coming weeks, whether Clement wants them or not. Clement's job is to manage and coach whichever players Mel and Agents Chief Sam can haggle deals for and think would make the side even stronger. 

I think Paul will have the deciding factor, you will probably find out that he asks a recruitment panel to come up a LB for example  and they would then put potential players for that position to him and I am sure he has the final nod, after all it is Paul's responsibility that the team is successful.

Two in, two out.  Camara and Blackman in. Dawkins on a permanent and Pearce out on a loan, hopefully just for a month. We need Pearce as a backup.Clement knows that every game counts. He said if someone is out for a week or two, we get get someone else in!  If Grant gets injured we are down to Mitchell and Roos.

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Two in, two out.  Camara and Blackman in. Dawkins on a permanent and Pearce out on a loan, hopefully just for a month. We need Pearce as a backup.Clement knows that every game counts. He said if someone is out for a week or two, we get get someone else in!  If Grant gets injured we are down to Mitchell and Roos.

Roos will probably go out on loan again. I don't think we rate him much, reading between the lines of the Pascal interviews recently. So if Grant got injured I'd imagine a loan would happen very quickly. Do we need Pearce? Probably not now Buxton's fit, but he'll probably have a 24hr recall just in case. 

16 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Callum o'dowda seems to be mentioned alot if the rumours are true he's signing tomorrow 

Lewis Walker from Ilkeston 

Luke Thomas from Cheltenham 

there could be others who haven't been mentioned yet as far as the first team goes any transfers will be outgoing

Boo. If there is one thing I really love about footy is the transfer rumour mill and the anticipation of the next one through the door (like a fan version of Barry Fry).. Don't ruin the expectation by saying its all over so early.  Very happy with the business we've done and the strength of the squad and so on and so forth but there you go. I like a good transfer rumour. cTakes me back to the good old days of constantly refreshing the Ceefax every five minutes to see if we'd signed anybody when Arthur was splashing Lionel's cash.

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Hopefully if an opportunity too good to refuse presents itself we will have a go. If Wednesday have an offer accepted for Judge and it's a low fee, I'd love for us to nip in and steal him from under their noses like we did Blackman. We have plenty of attacking minded players, but Judge for cheap would surely be too good to pass up.

I do rate Judge but wonder if we bought him, similar to Blackman, could he turn out to be a one season wonder?

Judge has been bang average before this season and don't get me wrong, players can improve but could we be seeing a ''13/14 Bryson'' whereby he has one fantastic season and then can never really replicate that form again?

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I do rate Judge but wonder if we bought him, similar to Blackman, could he turn out to be a one season wonder?

Judge has been bang average before this season and don't get me wrong, players can improve but could we be seeing a ''13/14 Bryson'' whereby he has one fantastic season and then can never really replicate that form again?

Possibly, but like Blackman, if he was cheap we could probably make most, if not all the money back on him if we were ever to sell, whereas signing someone like McCormack for £10 million +, you aren't likely to make even half that back if he were to lose this good form. Not sure what the fee is with Judge at the minute though, I originally saw that Sheff Wednesday bid £1.5 million (probably a load of rubbish from Wednesday fans) and if he is available for anything near that I'd hope we'd go for him. 

Archived