George Thorne video

DerbyGoals

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frogram said:

A nostalgic reminder of the days when we used to pass forward , instead of sideways . let's hope we see them again when George and Will are together .

The issue is the playstyle of our opponents. The team-splitting through balls happened against teams trying to play fairly openly against us, he clearly doesn't think he's going to get it through two banks of players. He looks, then chooses the simpler ball.

Note Hanson, who maybe doesn't have the experience to see that. He consistently tried to make Thorne esq. passes during the Forest game; "almost" is the best he did.

He's such a good player. I think this season has been tough for him and he's had some poor spells, but you have to remember it's his first full season for a very long time, so he's going to struggle at points, also mixed in with poor form of the team.

Hopefully he will end the season strongly, him and young Will getting back on the pitch together will be great to watch. 

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Triffic.

Looked like a fit Thorne of old vs. Forest. That block at the death was excellent.

That must have finished Forest.

The Block of Deeeeaaaaattthhhhhhh!!!

On 21 March 2016 at 07:05, BurtonRam7 said:

God I love him:wub::wub::wub:

I'll fight you for him!

Regardless of what else happens, we are fortunate to have three players of the character and talent of George Thorne and Will Hughes, and the character and all-round genuineness of Johnny Russell.

Archived