The Fawaz Circus 2016

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Bit different, you have a squad that has been spent on heavily, a lot of confidence. We're under embargo with some misfits cobbled together for a few quid.. Happy overall with who Dougie got in mind you

Assombalonga was a few quid? Guys I think I've found the guy in charge of their accounts.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We spent but nowhere near as much as you in the same period of time. Embargo because of mis management and a succession of managerial chopping and changing. Maybe out by the summer.

How are you going to get out of it in the summer when the accounts aren't due till December and you have already had a embargo because of your latest accounts? Genuine question as it doesn't make sense?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

How are you going to get out of it in the summer when the accounts aren't due till December and you have already had a embargo because of your latest accounts? Genuine question as it doesn't make sense?

Because blind optimism. And European cups. And er...

Typical forest fan dawnie is ,there in an embargo because they spent heavily on players while paying loads in wages and losing 2 million quid a month,on top of that there ground is old and knack erred and they can not generate enough cash through ticket sales or corporate entertainment,simple maths really shi$ loads going out and little or nowt coming in,you'd think even fawaz could work it out!

20 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

We spent but nowhere near as much as you in the same period of time. Embargo because of mis management and a succession of managerial chopping and changing. Maybe out by the summer.

Poor excuse. Under ND you where shipping a million a month and up there in or on the verge of a top six place. You haven't spent as much as us because you where not allowed to, because you spent way more that you could generate because your owner thought he could just buy success.

'Fans' hound out ND because a £100m investment wasn't good enough.

The circus is bought by a wealth Kuwait family business and handed to the one of the kids to keep him occupied.

You are now shipping £2m a month and have an embargo, the FA are paying your bills because your owner thinks its funny not to pay.

So far you have annoyed suppliers, HMRC and the FA. Your revenue income is non existent and you are one invoice away from administration.

We had this with the 3 amigos, however the fans stopped it becoming the farce that you are in.

On a positive note gates may increase for the next home game after your first win in forever.

20 hours ago, Alpha said:

You spent nowhere near as much as us but we're fine with FFP

It must have been a bit somewhere near as much as us.

You didn't spend a fiver and mismanage it into £5m

Something fishy is going on. There's no way our revenue streams can be higher than Forest's because it's a well known FACT that we give all our tickets away for free. So how can they be under embargo after spending less?

On 23/04/2016 at 22:45, Lord_Ram said:

feel like this is the perfect opportunity to put this down

Kenny Burns column: I would take Jamie Ward over Tom Ince at Nottingham Forest any day of the week

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-column-Jamie-Ward-Tom-Ince-Nottingham/story-26837191-detail/story.html#ixzz46gkiHmnv 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Nobody knows what's in Kenny Burns' mind - least of all Kenny Burns

To be fair, the rules have changed.

We spent more because the restrictions let us.

However, the market has also inflated. That of itself does not excuse our overpaying for good championship players.

What will be interesting is, do forest when out of embargo comply because the family don't want to spend, or not comply because they do spend. We can give em a great deal on Nick Blackman, only £4m quid and a Kenny burns column from being a Forest "ledgend"

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair, the rules have changed.

We spent more because the restrictions let us.

However, the market has also inflated. That of itself does not excuse our overpaying for good championship players.

What will be interesting is, do forest when out of embargo comply because the family don't want to spend, or not comply because they do spend. We can give em a great deal on Nick Blackman, only £4m quid and a Kenny burns column from being a Forest "ledgend"

Exactly, we gambled at the wrong time and it came to bite us. You've obviously gone for it at a better time and may still benefit and get promoted. 

In answer to rynny, I genuinely don't know when the books are due, but my understanding was the embargo is only due for the remainder of the season before it is resubmitted if we have fallen afoul again. Although I could be completely making this up 2BH. 

At least you will have your big local derby game next season to bring in much needed cash, whilst we battle it out for the Premier League with our REAL rivals....I am sure Our Nigel is looking forward to spanking you yet again..

(all of that is a joke by the way....well, except for Our Nigel beating you again next season)

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

At least you will have your big local derby game next season to bring in much needed cash, whilst we battle it out for the Premier League with our REAL rivals....I am sure Our Nigel is looking forward to spanking you yet again..

(all of that is a joke by the way....well, except for Our Nigel beating you again next season)

DLA DLA :lol:

38 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Exactly, we gambled at the wrong time and it came to bite us. You've obviously gone for it at a better time and may still benefit and get promoted. 

In answer to rynny, I genuinely don't know when the books are due, but my understanding was the embargo is only due for the remainder of the season before it is resubmitted if we have fallen afoul again. Although I could be completely making this up 2BH. 

Accounts are submitted by the beginning of December (it wouldn't be like Fawaz to have money related items ready well before they are due :lol:) and you will not be able to submit any new accounts until after this season has finished. So unless it is a case of showing signs you will be complying with them otherwise I am at a loss.

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

Accounts are submitted by the beginning of December (it wouldn't be like Fawaz to have money related items ready well before they are due :lol:) and you will not be able to submit any new accounts until after this season has finished. So unless it is a case of showing signs you will be complying with them otherwise I am at a loss.

I think the FL take into account projections and savings on an ongoing basis. Basically if Forest can convince the the League they are operating within the limits the embargo can be lifted prior to the next set of accounts being submitted.

43 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I think the FL take into account projections and savings on an ongoing basis. Basically if Forest can convince the the League they are operating within the limits the embargo can be lifted prior to the next set of accounts being submitted.

I'm sure that if we buy Alongerdongler off Forest, we would all put in a good word for them.

Archived