The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 said:

Nah they won't go down, they'll get Pearson next year and go up.

Top of the Premier League but still on here desperately fishing for a rival...painful to watch

Is a good job the teams at the bottom are so poor this season. MK Dons are saving Forest.

Would love to see MK Dons close the gap on Forest to two points going in to the last game of the season (Dons host Forest) but I can't see it happening in all honesty.

Some comedy gold on the Fridgey twitter feed tonight: Several like this:

And a clear statement that the embargo will be lifted:

Sadly they have one win too many to go down at this point. And that is very sad indeed. But at this point you can't see them finishing above 20th.

For a lower mid table club, I must say I appreciate how interesting it still is to see what's going on with forest. Never a dull moment. It was getting a bit boring, then fawaz went and sacked the manager, they started to plummet, and now he's taking of selling. The fun has come back to the circus. Summer will be interesting, especially when that embargo is not lifted, and he's put in writing that it will be. 

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is a good job the teams at the bottom are so poor this season. MK Dons are saving Forest.

Would love to see MK Dons close the gap on Forest to two points going in to the last game of the season (Dons host Forest) but I can't see it happening in all honesty.

Even with all Fawaz's shenanigans, Forest are a proper club. I'd much rather play them next season than the franchise.

Lost 4 of the last 5, 8 of the last 10

9 points off the relegation zone (MK) and 10 points off 22nd (Charlton), they're certainly by no means safe. 

MK Dons last 10: 2W, 3D, 5L

Charlton: 3W, 3D, 4L

both have a very real chance of catching Forest if they don't sort themselves out. 

PAUL WILLIAMS is threatening to quit Nottingham Forest after being told what team to pick by owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi.

The Forest chief is considering his future at the City Ground this evening after being besieged with phone calls and text messages from the boardroom.

Williams, advised to take the job by former Forest boss Dougie Freedman, believes his role is being undermined by constant interference in team selection and tactics.

Forest sources claim the manager’s position at the club has been made intolerable by demands from above to play Al-Hasawi’s preferred line-up.

Forest were beaten 3-0 by Brentford at the weekend and lost 2-1 against Reading on Tuesday evening at the Madejski Stadium.

According to Forest sources, various members of staff are now being hassled by Al-Hasawi for information about the team in the hours before matches.

Williams agreed to take the job until the end of the season on condition that he would have total control over team selection

But it has now emerged that the respected coach is being put under pressure from Al-Hasawi to pick his preferred team before matches and is threatening to walk away.

Forest have lost their last three games and are in danger of being dragged into the relegation battle.

They host promotion chasing Brighton at the City Ground on Monday and then travel to Neil Warnock’s battlersRotherham the following week.

Archived