The Fawaz Circus 2016

G STAR RAM

On 22 February 2016 at 21:22, eddie said:

I noticed that there was a little bit of Billy Davies referring to Billy Davies in the third person.

Crikey I knew he was a man beside himself but three!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving the way that Forest fans believe that they will be out of embargo in the summer.

To achieve that they will have show that they are now back in compliance. Given that their last accounts showed a wage bill of £26m and a turnover of £17.3m, I think they might be struggling a bit. Especially as Fawaz appears to be loaning the club money, rather than actually investing. This means that they can only lose £5m this season. Those figures gave them a loss of £21.5m (yes, they actually lost more than they turned over), which with the allowed deductions was probably an FFP loss of c£18m. Since then they have gained maybe £4m from the sale of Antonio, so they've got to find a mere c£14m by a combination of cost savings and increased turnover. With no proper sponsorship, no decent cup run and mediocre football, I'd say that might be a little tricky.

And it'll get worse next season as they can only sell Antonio once.

Maybe that's why there's never enough cash to pay the bills?

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Hmm...national holiday again. What's the next one - dog ate fridgy's cheque book? 

Got to be careful with red dogs - or one day it might end up being dog ate fridgy.

Fawaz is doing a brilliant job as far as I'm concerned, massively increasing their debt, making very little progress towards FFP, not really bearing down on the cost of football, and achieving next to no progress on the pitch!

He's amazing, and long may he reign.

With apologies to Paul Simon and to a lesser extent Art Garfunckle.

"he is such a strange one, though his story's seldom told, he squandered daddy's millions, on a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises, all lies and jest, still kenny burns hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

"when he left his home and family, he was no more than a boy, in the company of strange gumps, in the quiet of the city ground, running scared, laying low, hunting out the poorer quarters, where the ragged people go, looking for the places only gumps would know"

<I missed out the verse that mentions whores.>

"He's laying out his brand new hats, wishing he was gone, going home, where the nottingham winters aren't bleeding him, leading him, going home"

"In the clearing stands al Hasawi, a fighter by his trade, and carries the reminders, of every gump who tweeted him, who cut him til he cried out in his anger and his shame, I am leaving, I am leaving, though the embargo still remains"

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

With apologies to Paul Simon and to a lesser extent Art Garfunckle.

"he is such a strange one, though his story's seldom told, he squandered daddy's millions, on a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises, all lies and jest, still kenny burns hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

"when he left his home and family, he was no more than a boy, in the company of strange gumps, in the quiet of the city ground, running scared, laying low, hunting out the poorer quarters, where the ragged people go, looking for the places only gumps would know"

<I missed out the verse that mentions whores.>

"He's laying out his brand new hats, wishing he was gone, going home, where the nottingham winters aren't bleeding him, leading him, going home"

"In the clearing stands al Hasawi, a fighter by his trade, and carries the reminders, of every gump who tweeted him, who cut him til he cried out in his anger and his shame, I am leaving, I am leaving, though the embargo still remains"

And of course the chorus sums up his excuses...

Lie lie lie,

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie

lie lie lie

4 hours ago, rynny said:

Find it funny how many of their fans are having a go at John Percy for reporting it. Saying he always publishes negative stories about them and never any positive.

What positives are there to report? Should he report every time the staff there are paid on time and in full?

Archived