The Fawaz Circus 2016

Sith Happens
46 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I like the fact he threatened fans with legal action. Whatever Fawaz, all your legal team have blatantly walked off or been sacked.

On a serious note, what is happening? Has the greek fella pulled out altogether? Fawaz just seems to have totally lost the lot now....his comments seem to suggest no buyers or anything happening soon.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

....his comments seem to suggest no buyers or anything happening soon.

I get that impression to, and if I was a forest fan I would be very, very worried. Certainly seems like Fawaz is trying to flog the club but he's made that much of a mess nobody wants to buy it, and he now seems unwilling to keep throwing money at it, which means the debt grows and grows and grows.

i can see Forest being in a lot of trouble in the next 12-18 months, I'd laugh but I honestly think it will see them in serious trouble and we won't be playing many Derbies any time soon, which ultimately would be a shame. 

Sith Happens
20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I get that impression to, and if I was a forest fan I would be very, very worried. Certainly seems like Fawaz is trying to flog the club but he's made that much of a mess nobody wants to buy it, and he now seems unwilling to keep throwing money at it, which means the debt grows and grows and grows.

i can see Forest being in a lot of trouble in the next 12-18 months, I'd laugh but I honestly think it will see them in serious trouble and we won't be playing many Derbies any time soon, which ultimately would be a shame. 

I guess there are a number of issues...does he want his money back?, this is the second time forest seem to have debts of circ 100 million in the space of a few short years, fortunately for forest the last time the family wrote off a large amount of the debt, will he?

I really cannot see anyone, unless they have some affinity to the club like mel does with us, buying a second tier average club were 100 million is required BEFORE they even start investing. I think he will have to write off a massive amount.

He may actually decide if he isnt going to get his money back to to flip the bird big style at forest fans for the abuse and strangle the club, i think the next few months are critical for forest...either get someone in or go the way of portsmouth/blackpool, i just dont see there being an inbetween with fawaz in charge.

Well, how much would Fawaz write off to be shot of them? He's never getting all his family's money back, but will he write of 80-90% for the good of the club? He may have to. I can't see Fawaz doing the "sod it, let it decline and go bust" thing, but I don't think the millions are going to start flowing under his stewardship. 

Walsall, Chersterfield and god willing Cov, will all make good local rivalries in League 1.

If he wants rid then he will put them into  administration and that will save him losing any more money and give a buyer a chance to start again. Would lose a lot of players to bring wages down etc..

if if he's really pissed off then the next visit to the high court will end badly

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

On a serious note, what is happening? Has the greek fella pulled out altogether? Fawaz just seems to have totally lost the lot now....his comments seem to suggest no buyers or anything happening soon.

Apparently the FL vetoed it as he wasn't a fit and proper person

the ironic thing is, the good preseason work that was done getting PP and PM and some good players in was instigated by his team but now that's fallen through the club is back in the hands of a lying crook

i think PP and PM came to forest on the assumption that the Greeks would eventually take over. Now that's fallen through PP as gone as apparently the Greeks were paying his wages. PM won't see the month out either now. 

Apparnetly Red Bull had shown interest but were put off when they realised fawaz wanted to stay on as chairman.

it seems now that no one is interested at the current moment 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, stoners said:

Apparently the FL vetoed it as he wasn't a fit and proper person

the ironic thing is, the good preseason work that was done getting PP and PM and some good players in was instigated by his team but now that's fallen through the club is back in the hands of a lying crook

i think PP and PM came to forest on the assumption that the Greeks would eventually take over. Now that's fallen through PP as gone as apparently the Greeks were paying his wages. PM won't see the month out either now. 

Apparnetly Red Bull had shown interest but were put off when they realised fawaz wanted to stay on as chairman.

it seems now that no one is interested at the current moment 

Why on earth does he want to hang on.

40 minutes ago, stoners said:

I'm not surprised, they have big presence in other leagues, although becoming "Red Bull Tree Stumps" might have an adverse effect on public perception if the experience in europe is anything to go by.

Sooner or later I'm sure they'll buy a club in english football and everyone will hate them.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not surprised, they have big presence in other leagues, although becoming "Red Bull Tree Stumps" might have an adverse effect on public perception if the experience in europe is anything to go by.

Sooner or later I'm sure they'll buy a club in english football and everyone will hate them.

I've heard that Red Bull are thinking of buying Forest and building a ground in Eastwood. You have to admit, the Red Bull Red Necks has a certain ring to it.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

We're ******. I'd be temped to say I'd take another season in League 1 to be rid of him. 

If you are allowed to. If your fans piss him off too much he might not settle a winding up order. He won't get the money back anyway and he could be rid of the hassle.

13 hours ago, Tombo said:

It's going to get to "fans trust buying the club off the maniac" levels soon.

I'd chuck yous a tenner.

You're strong if you could chuck Pavarotti.

Oh, sorry - tenner. My bad.

21 hours ago, stoners said:

If Fawaz really cared he would have sold and walked.

Red Bull money would easily buy you the league, just look how popular they made that German club.

Archived