The Fawaz Circus 2016

I did highlight last season that Leipzig would be one of the up and coming clubs in the Bundesliga thread. Their rise in the last few years has been nothing short of remarkable. If it makes you red dogs feel any better Leipzig are absolutely despised in Germany. The traditional big clubs like Schalke and Dortmund want Leipzig kicked out of the Bundesliga and there is a campaign by fans of nearly every club in the Bundesliga to refuse going to away games against Leipzig

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Their forum is talking of a Villa bid (rejected tbf) for Assombalonga.

It could be like The Night of the Long Knives over the Trent.

Fridgy's not stupid - well, not THAT stupid. He will have them back onside with 2 or 3 signings, one of whom will be unheard-of yet lauded as "...much better than Burke" and the Forest fans, by and large, will be dazzled by the shiny shiny.

47 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

£13m is very good money, but it only leaves about £0.10p after all their outstanding bills have been paid up....

£13m is great money for someone who'se barely played competitive football. Does look an excellent prospect though, shame he's Scottish 

£13 million for Oliver Burke - a player who has looked imperious for five games and nothing more at this stage? If this player wants to develop into a top talent, Forest was never the place for him to progress in any case. He needs to be at a club that will grow with him and be able to match his ambitions. So it makes perfect that he's moved to a top-flight club, the only odd thing being that it's a top-flight club in Germany.

It's not a coincidence that any promising young player at the club in modern times has jumped at the chance to leave for pastures new or risked seeing their career stall.  If Leipzig hadn't come along, another club wouldn't have been too far away.

I can understand the frustration of the players and the manager, especially if assurances were given that the squad would be kept together.

But at the same time, they will be aware more than most just how much the club has struggled financially in recent years and let's be honest, do Forest have that many saleable assets? Lansbury, Assombalonga and that's it, by my reckoning. So something had to give.

So of course, it was obvious they were going to strike while the iron was hot. £13 million is too good to turn down and a shot in the arm for a club that has been under a transfer embargo, broken FFP regulations and been in and out of court due to gross financial mismanagement in recent years.

It's terrible for morale and the feel-good factor around the club after a decent start to the season. But let's be honest, Forest were always going to be one of those unheralded sides who would go under the radar and tick along quietly. I don't see how that's changed. If anything, this might help their cause because expectations will have been tempered even further.

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

IN hindsight, if we invest it on a few good players, it might not be a bad bit of business.

However, I am fully expecting the next Rafik Djebbour be signed for 10m and on 50k a week. 

It's an amazing piece of business. Yes it's possible Burke becomes a major player but it's far more likely he'll end up another of those talented "what might have been"/"whatever happened to?" guys. Wasn't it just 20 odd appearances, 10 in the league? If it wasn't for Fridgey/Greeks you'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

The crazy thing though was to do the deal before the replacements. Of course you should have done everything simultaneously to prevent fan fallout and get much lower prices on your targets. It's amateurish to sell high before you buy (which you're now forced to do even higher). But that's what you've come to expect with who's in charge.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

IN hindsight, if we invest it on a few good players, it might not be a bad bit of business.

However, I am fully expecting the next Rafik Djebbour be signed for 10m and on 50k a week. 

Looking from the outside, it seems a cracking bit of business, no reason not to invest it all in the squad and end up better off.

I hope the Greeks don't end up in charge, a fool at the top is better than a crook, surely?

Not going to lie, I'm very down about all this 

its not really that he's been sold. It's about the fact he's gone against the Greeks, dof and managers advice. Also the fact that there is no sell on clause is another downer. 

It's the straw that broke the camals back for me. #fawazout

btw we just brought the next silenzi on loan. Fuking ****

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

I did highlight last season that Leipzig would be one of the up and coming clubs in the Bundesliga thread. Their rise in the last few years has been nothing short of remarkable. If it makes you red dogs feel any better Leipzig are absolutely despised in Germany. The traditional big clubs like Schalke and Dortmund want Leipzig kicked out of the Bundesliga and there is a campaign by fans of nearly every club in the Bundesliga to refuse going to away games against Leipzig

Goooooogle that's an insightful post. 

1 hour ago, stoners said:

Not going to lie, I'm very down about all this 

its not really that he's been sold. It's about the fact he's gone against the Greeks, dof and managers advice. Also the fact that there is no sell on clause is another downer. 

It's the straw that broke the camals back for me. #fawazout

btw we just brought the next silenzi on loan. Fuking ****

From Italy? Poor goal scoring record? If so suitable for Forest. 

As has been pointed out, we have a number of players fidgy can buy - just tell him getting on up on Derby will get the fans back on side.

Blackman, Johnson, Bent, Baird...key parts of Derby's play off team now strutting their stuff in the crapi-baldy red.

Should soften the Assombalonga blow as he meets his new team mates......!

12 hours ago, stoners said:

It's about the fact he's gone against the Greeks, dof and managers advice.

The family wanted some cash back, pocket money has been cut this year.  Would not surprise me if another goes before midnight tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

The family wanted some cash back, pocket money has been cut this year.  Would not surprise me if another goes before midnight tomorrow.

Nah, money is no object to fridgy. Clearly forest don't rate him. Only explanation. 

Archived