Butterfield

Lord_Ram

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep saying, and have done since he's come, just give him the ball. He needs to show a bit more but he's so good technically that everyone on the team should just fire the ball at his feet and let him advance the play. Being so two-footed and good at everything he really can get out of any situation. Has the potential to be the lynchpin of our side and to lessen the burden on Thorne. Could also release Johnson into a more advanced role.

good player wont play when Bryson is 100% fit , never known a player to be substituted as often , nearly every game its him and to be fair hes had some right good games but still hooked , either hes no flavour of the  month or his stamina is suspect

6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

good player wont play when Bryson is 100% fit , never known a player to be substituted as often , nearly every game its him and to be fair hes had some right good games but still hooked , either hes no flavour of the  month or his stamina is suspect

I'm a fan of Bryson but to say Butterfield won't play at the expense of Craig is ridiculous. Bryson isn't capable of dictating play like Butterfield can - his strengths are energy, goals (when played higher up the pitch) and an ability to support and read Martin better than anyone else in the squad.

17 minutes ago, valleyram said:

90% *****

10% Goodpoint

When Huddersfield's new manager first took over he had them working on fitness because the players lacked stamina. 

Thought at the time that this boy would be our best deadline day signing. Enough's been said about his qualities so I won't waste my breath, but I've noticed that more recently he's started drifting into the channels as a third man like Hughes used to. Love him. 

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm a fan of Bryson but to say Butterfield won't play at the expense of Craig is ridiculous. Bryson isn't capable of dictating play like Butterfield can - his strengths are energy, goals (when played higher up the pitch) and an ability to support and read Martin better than anyone else in the squad.

Yip ur right two different players entirely , butterfield is better at dictating play , however he hasn't got the legs of Bryso and it's no a coincidence that Chris Martin is getting stick on here , none repeat none of the midfield make the runs into the box that craig does therefore Martin isn't near as effective , remember apart from one game butterfield has scored only 2 goals all season , that for me is not good enough playing with a top team , I can't see Thorne or Johnson getting dropped as even when they are piss poor butterfield is hooked so by my reckoning that leaves room for craig when fit          

8 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Yip ur right two different players entirely , butterfield is better at dictating play , however he hasn't got the legs of Bryso and it's no a coincidence that Chris Martin is getting stick on here , none repeat none of the midfield make the runs into the box that craig does therefore Martin isn't near as effective , remember apart from one game butterfield has scored only 2 goals all season , that for me is not good enough playing with a top team , I can't see Thorne or Johnson getting dropped as even when they are piss poor butterfield is hooked so by my reckoning that leaves room for craig when fit          

I have seen you post a lot over recent months about 'Bryso's legs'. Do you think there is any chance said legs might walk on to a football pitch any time soon? I will send you some casters off my armchair if it helps.

4 hours ago, valleyram said:

Poor comparison, Thorne plays the holding role, something that I very much doubt Bryson is capable of. Bryson has his merits but Clement plays a different style to that of the previous management, can't see him wanting to lose the steel from the midfield that Thorne and Johnson provide for the sake of putting Bryson back in. 

I'd like to point out that I am a fan of Bryson, I just don't think Clement is displaying favouritism of Thorne and Johnson so much as being tactically astute. 

I think Bryson's only way back is in a different system/formation, but ultimately, I would

be surprised to see him in a Rams shirt after the summer, along with Pearce, Dawks  Bucko

Shotton as some will have to leave to make way for the Prem arrivals, and we will need at

least 4/5 even after Kamara and Blackman and any others in this window. 

Archived