RIP Lemmy

eddie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow EHR I feel humbled. I once had the yellow badge as well. Think I'll put Warrior on the Edge of Time on and think back to when my hair was shoulder length

On 29 December 2015 at 09:36, WharfedaleRam said:

I attribute a fair amount of my tinnitus to him. RIP big fella.

Funny should say that, my folks attributed my 7" Ace of Spades vinyl to their music speakers having a strange condition too, generally known as knackered.

Went off a lot of Heavy Metal, but I'll never forget the buzz and adrenaline of once watching Lemmy and Fast Eddie at Bingley Hall.

I've never been one to go backwards and listen to a band's old releases when they're still a going concern, so aside from randomly hearing 'Ace Of Spades' played in a thousand different places, my experience of Motorhead was their excellent series of albums between 2004 - 2010, they were a band very much still alive and kicking ass well after their early heyday.

The only time I got to see Motorhead play live was at the Assembly Rooms back in 2010, supported by Michael Monroe (who's band at the time contained my main musical idol), the sound quality of Youtube videos is never the best, but even so, here's one from that show

Archived