We're Derby County, we're in the top two

sage

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Play offs is a more fun way to go up than 1st. 

Who wants to run the risk though? 

(Although I could actually put up with Champ football again. It's not that bad of a league to be in)

I agree about the Champ, or to be honest any league is worth watching if you're getting entertained or winning, preferably both.

It's time we went up though. 3rd year banging on the door. Time we were back. I hope we win the league and clearly we are capable, but I'd take second. Bugger the play-offs. 

18 hours ago, Alpha said:

Play offs is a more fun way to go up than 1st. 

Who wants to run the risk though? 

(Although I could actually put up with Champ football again. It's not that bad of a league to be in)

I would usually agree 100% with this but I feel that now is the best time to be promoted, with some of the 'establishment' PL clubs reeling. It brings fresh hope of a return to a competitive top tier in English football! 

Maybe I am just an optimist, and everything will be back to boring normal next year but I hope not and I hope we are there to be part of it. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I would usually agree 100% with this but I feel that now is the best time to be promoted, with some of the 'establishment' PL clubs reeling. It brings fresh hope of a return to a competitive top tier in English football! 

Maybe I am just an optimist, and everything will be back to boring normal next year but I hope not and I hope we are there to be part of it. 

Good point actually. With all the panic amongst the top teams it would be a good time. Only worried that they'll all go mad in the summer?

Just now, Alpha said:

Good point actually. With all the panic amongst the top teams it would be a good time. Only worried that they'll all go mad in the summer?

I wouldn't worry about them. Teams like Man utd will need to spend at least another 500 million for people to be scared of them again. Despite spending 250 million already,they look considerably worse than the team that won the league in ferguson's last season,which had cleverly, an aging scholes and carrick as the midfield. Money doesn't guarantee success

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I wouldn't worry about them. Teams like Man utd will need to spend at least another 500 million for people to be scared of them again. Despite spending 250 million already,they look considerably worse than the team that won the league in ferguson's last season,which had cleverly, an aging scholes and carrick as the midfield. Money doesn't guarantee success

Hope LVG stays there. 

Can't see us finishing less than top ,Brighton been over punching their weight and dispute not loseing have stolen draws and been fortunate not to lose in many a game.Only see them claiming a play off plaice along with Ipswich.Burnley are what they are and don't see them doing any more than they have already ,leaving hull and Middleborough probably the two teams at the beginning of the season most would have expected to be top.Personally surprised at hull didn't think they would be doing quite as well as they are and don't see them improving any as the season progresses and Middleborough who I thought would dominate the league haven't ,scraping a few late wins and losing more games than ourselves.Considering an indifferent start by ourselves having half a new squad ,new inexperienced manager major players out injured what we have a,achieved is quite incredible and I think we will only continue to develop and improve throughout the season and finish top comfortably

Very surprised that hull lost today. That's more than made up for us losing top slot. Also wendies losing means that the play offs as a minimum looking almost certain now. 

Archived