Man City's New Badge?

Srg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Rampage said:

Manchester City in smaller writing at the top and Football Club at the bottom? I like the NYC best of the three

Is it just a coincidence that they're all 'cities', or did they seek out 'cities' to buy?

and if they're going to bring it more in line with the others, why not have 'Manchester city football club'? Seems a bit odd. 

37 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Is it just a coincidence that they're all 'cities', or did they seek out 'cities' to buy?

and if they're going to bring it more in line with the others, why not have 'Manchester city football club'? Seems a bit odd. 

They changed the name to Melbourne City from Melbourne Heart. So no, it is not a coincidence. 

The holding company which runs all three clubs is called City Football Group, so they're clearly going for brand unity (urgh, that sounds disgusting doesn't it?)

They also own a 20% share in Yokohama F. Marinos, although they are expected to eventually buy a controlling share. When that happens, don't be surprised to see a name change there as well

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

but the dirties are Leeds in Yorkshire. I was saying that its the wromg colour for the dirties

Ah sorry. I'm on my 5th tipple of Fire Eater this new cinnamon liqueur and am having fidiculty in standingunder. Hick!

9 hours ago, RAMalicious said:

I never like these changes - Changing home kit  colours is bad enough (Cardiff) but the badge? FFS Shall we change the RAM ? to say a Duck!!  After all you don't get more Derbyshire than that! 

A5ejnZdCMAAIk9w.16615116_std.jpg

300px-Derby_County.png

8c1bd203-8816-4410-898f-25530f554f87-Org

ram%20head%201968.jpg

Yeah who would change their badge?:whistle:

I'm ok with it. Very similar to their badge when I was growing up and they had Coln Bell, Franny Lee, Mike Sumerbee and Tony Book playing for them. Decent team those days, champions of England late 60s without spending uber millions. 

Talking of club badges I only found out recently that Sheffield Uniteds club badge was designed by Jimmy Sirral when he was manager there. They had used Sheffield City logo for a very long time and then council put copyright on that so Blades had to come up with a new one and Jimmy drew it himself.. 

Was an excellent comment in the BBC article on the badge change - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35175829

The badge is an important part of a clubs history. Some things should be left untouched.

Such a thick tw@t....completely forgetting the current badge is the one that is out of character with their history and the new one is a return to the old style. Clearly a post-Sven supporter

Archived