WiFi

angieram

Yes the signal is a real pain inside the stadium - I've always assumed it is because there are too many of us in close proximity. 

I've been able to access good WiFi at a couple of the away matches and never seem to have any trouble with a working phone signal but then there are far fewer people at away matches! (Home fans, I mean.)

Any upgrade at the i-Pro would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it would only be useful to check other scores at half time. Other than this I don't get my phone out for the game, I come to watch it.

Really frustrating when the games on and you see people in front of you with their heads buried in their phones, just watch the game!

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

Stop all wifi and block phone signals so that people watch the game and get behind the team. We didn't need it at the BBG and people would ring the club and get announcements over the tanoy if it was urgent. 

that was before the days of "cashout".

I check my phone quite often when at the games but always struggle for signal at half time, presumably when everybody else uses theirs. I like to know what the scores are elsewhere and how it affects the table. 

33 minutes ago, Joel said:

I check my phone quite often when at the games but always struggle for signal at half time, presumably when everybody else uses theirs. I like to know what the scores are elsewhere and how it affects the table. 

Why not wait until the results are in after the game, that way you know they are final results and that is how the table stands.

It's not like you can have any effect on the results.

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

Why not wait until the results are in after the game, that way you know they are final results and that is how the table stands.

It's not like you can have any effect on the results.

I just like to know. I don't think it really matters to be honest.

6 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

The BBG used to have something like a cricket scoreboard that displayed half time, if not latest, scores I seem to recall.

I think you needed a programme to confirm the matches displayed. I could be wrong. This was about three decades before wifi anyway!

A 0-0

B 1-0

C 3-1 

D 0-1

etc, etc..

The signal only seems to go down around the 15 minutes either way of start/half time/ full time. Suggests that the club do it on purpose, as its prevents anyone streaming the game out of the ground. No one would bother streaming out the middle of each half only. 

Archived