Ipswich Town v Derby County

Day

18 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

The only part of the team I will predict with any confidence is the back 5. Carson still ruled out - and its a good job we didn't get rid of Grant.

As for the rest, if it wasn't Ipswich, I'd like to see

Thorne   Butterfield
   Weimann    Ince    Russell
                     Bent

Harsh on Johnson, but he's had a poor few games, in my opinion. Hendrick isn't the right player for 2 holding, as we saw against Brizzle, and I think Butterfield would be better at linking Thorne with the 3 behind Bent, and those two are fantastic at those through balls that Bent would thrive on.

However, I think we'll return to 4-3-3. 

Thorne
           Butterfield Johnson
        Ince        Martin     Russell

Weimann or russell otherwise team picks itself... Can't see bent getting a start . Ipswich are a bogey team and on a good run, but so are we so tough one to call. I'm abit worried we may be abit short in midfield hughes Bryson and Hendrick injured. Hope george thorne stays fit. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Don't believe anyone on our forums hate you but I only use two myself.  (The official club site and TWTD).     Recall there was some ill-feeling on the last day of the season when you missed out on the play-offs by a point or so and we snuck in despite a defeat at Blackburn, but wasn't party to any of it.      Came on in actual fact to offer condolences at the time, realized there were other teams involved who had put a lot of hard work and effort into the season, and despite what others may have felt or believed, remained totally impartial and offered sympathies all the same.   

As regards tomorrows game, it represents an opportunity to see how far we have come in recent times facing off against one of the other promotion favorites.   We fell at Middlesbrough recently and many were honest enough to realize we're not quite at the level as some of the leading pack as yet, but the last few scores have been encouraging.

Home advantage could be the deciding factor and we have an enterprising attack choice right now, even if some of the other squad departments need attention.    Still not 100 per cent convinced about McCarthy's abilities, but even as a home fan, dare say a bad word about the manager, you get criticized or berated for it by other supporters (who genuinely believe he is the right name to take us forward)

Understand we meet again on the final day of this here league campaign and that fixture will surely be more important to both sides than this one, but for now, whatever occurs tomorrow let's hope for a good game with minimal intervention from the designated match official.

Wasn't a dig at Ipswich at all, it just seems to be every team we play holds a huge grudge with us for a variety of reasons :lol:

Following on from a 4 nil thrashing of Brisol City this thread should definitely have been titled Ipsich v Derby. I would have been supremely confident of a win. Golden opportunity lost to go on a run similar to Chris the Redeemer's no match date run. Now I'm only regular confident. 

I was just checking table more closely (first time this season) and have to say there's few suprises. How many goals Ipswich have conceded is one of those. With 28 they've really been leaking.

Another interesting stat is that highest scoring team, Fulham, is 18th.

5 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Following on from a 4 nil thrashing of Brisol City this thread should definitely have been titled Ipsich v Derby. I would have been supremely confident of a win. Golden opportunity lost to go on a run similar to Chris the Redeemer's no match date run. Now I'm only regular confident. 

Personaly I would've preferred that Daveo had found his missing t with Tipswitch.

Cannot understand why people are leaving Martin out of the side for today's game, he MUST start.

My starting 11 for today with Johnson and Thorne to battle in the trenches.

----- Carson -----

Christie - Keogh - Shackell - Forsyth

--- Johnson --- Thorne ---

Russell  ----  Ince  ----  Weimann

Martin  

Rw

32 minutes ago, GrimsbyRamBrad said:

Cannot understand why people are leaving Martin out of the side for today's game, he MUST start.

----- Carson -----

Martin  

Reckon Forsyth will struggle (from the treatment table). But other than Warnock in at LB i'd go with that. Hit them with all that pace from the supporting 3 behind Martin as they're fairly slow at the back. They go very direct to their front 3 of Murphy, Sears and Pitman who is very much in form. They've got a young winger (Maitland Niles) on loan from Arsenal who is quick and direct so Warnock better not have Lead in His boots and Weimann maybe needed to track back on him. McGoldrick is injured (shock) but Frazer (on loan from Bournemouth) should be on the bench who is decent. Would probably take a point here as Ipswich are overdue a home win. COYR!!!!!

Clement has a whole department of people employed to analyse the opposition (at least 5 I think) so he will set the team up having had them scrutinised. I really like our head coach, we shouldn't ever have a game where a team hit us and make us look unprepared. 

58 minutes ago, Stowmarket Ram said:

Rw

Reckon Forsyth will struggle (from the treatment table). But other than Warnock in at LB i'd go with that. Hit them with all that pace from the supporting 3 behind Martin as they're fairly slow at the back. They go very direct to their front 3 of Murphy, Sears and Pitman who is very much in form. They've got a young winger (Maitland Niles) on loan from Arsenal who is quick and direct so Warnock better not have Lead in His boots and Weimann maybe needed to track back on him. McGoldrick is injured (shock) but Frazer (on loan from Bournemouth) should be on the bench who is decent. Would probably take a point here as Ipswich are overdue a home win. COYR!!!!!

Well spotted ;) 

1 hour ago, GrimsbyRamBrad said:

----- Carson -----

Martin  

I think that Paul Clement has already demonstrated that he knows a bit more than we fans - even having given us a bunch of clues, Tuesday's line-up was a bit of a surprise - but not as much as yours would be. Forsyth's out for the season.

Mick McCarthy:

“Tomorrow I think we’re playing the best team and the best squad in the league, and we need to get a result against one of them because we’ve lost to Hull, we’ve lost to Brighton, we’ve lost to Middlesbrough, but it’s a different game."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/28691/mccarthy-derby-the-best-team-in-the-championship

Ian Holloway just said Boro and Brighton have the best defences in the league. Yeah okay Ian least amount of goals conceded over here.

I think we can keep another clean sheet today, Ipswich will try to make it scrappy and won't give us anytime on the ball but hopefully our squads strength can pull through. 

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Ian Holloway just said Boro and Brighton have the best defences in the league. Yeah okay Ian least amount of goals conceded over here.

I think we can keep another clean sheet today, Ipswich will try to make it scrappy and won't give us anytime on the ball but hopefully our squads strength can pull through. 

He knows nothing at all anyway. I know his daughters by the way. 

Butterfield, Thorne and Johnson must play for me. In a tight pressure game, slamming a loose ball in from 25 yards is a potential game winner and these are the guys most likely to do it, Start with Martin and keep it tight for 20 minutes, making sure that we do not concede then ramp it up. Let Johnson sort out anyone trying to out muscle us in midfield and also make sure that no midfielder tries to track Thorne all day.A draw is ok but ifm we aspire to automatic promotion, never mind winning the Championship, we need to win the game as Boro or/and Brighton will drop points today. Brighton 0, Boro 1 after 4 mins (Kike). 

Archived