Ipswich Town v Derby County

David

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this give Mick something to think about?

..................................................Carson...............................................

Christie..................Keogh...........................Shackell...............Warnock

..................................Thorne......................Johnson............................

.........Russell.............................Ince.............................Weimann..........

.................................................Martin...................................................

GK

Christie                  Keogh                     Shackell               Warnock

Thorne                     Butterfield

Russell                                 Ince                                    Johnson

Martin

If you watch the highlights of the Ipswich vs Fulham game it's very apparent how quickly Ipswich break on you- they have a lot of pace from midfield going forward. Quite impressive. I can see that troubling us. This might not be a particularly good game for George for, although he reads the game quite well, he's hardly the quickest or most nimble. Have to admit I am not too sure who I would put in there instead as none of our midfielders are particularly quick- not the central ones at any rate.

Won't give us an inch of grass without a fight. Relentless team. Pure graft.

Will have about 60% pass accuracy

So long as we don't expect them to sit and admire us then I feel confident. 

Certainly a game for Bradley Johnson to shine. But he needs to be sharper than in the last few games. These will be all over anyone who's half asleep

10 hours ago, Daveo said:

image.gif.e8fc2790ec217e4f29ae5ba0370043

I do think there should have been a warning for those of us with a nervous disposition . That creepy smile as the first thing I saw on t'internet this morning has quite scared me - think I'll pull the duvet over my head for the rest of the day!?

How is Mick McCarthy going to set up against us? Where will he think our weaknesses lie? Fielding lofted everything down to Christie last night. Where are our strengths that he needs to guard against?  If I were PC, I would play Ince... Their full back must be plopping himself.

9 hours ago, sage said:

GK

Christie                  Keogh                     Shackell               Warnock

Thorne                     Butterfield

Russell                                 Ince                                    Johnson

Martin

This might well be it. Not having started all season and having played the full 90 yesterday, I don't think Bent would be able to do two games in quick succession. Our bench would look strong and with options:

GK, Bent, Weimann, Hendrick, Baird, Shotton, Pearce.

I much prefer Carson to Grant if fit, though Grant is much improved, is often catching the ball rather than punching (into his own net) and has kept two clean sheets in three. But with the form and ability that Carson has shown there's a chance he might have saved one or both of the Brighton goals. Obviously they weren't easy and not many in the division would have kept them out, but he's made some more difficult saves this season.

Archived