FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW....

Mafiabob

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ValeRam said:

That is a great 3rd Round draw

I used to watch Hartlepool whenever I went up to visit my grandparents in Billingham - you used to be able to walk round the whole ground during the game. The home support would switch ends at half time . And, if it was really windy, all the outside fencing would fall down

Either team, we will trash them as long as we put winners on the pitch

Just been up to Billingham, my mother lives up there still, as for the Victoria ground it was wooden hut back in the 70's -I seem to remember old wooden front doors nailed together to make sort of fence,  pool is a fav of mine as it was were I got my first trial as a 15 yr old.That wind would cut thru ya........

6 hours ago, LesterRam said:

How else you going to find out if the U21's have progressed.

I'm sure Paul Clement and the coaching staff are watching them closely, we don't need to see if they've progressed. You can go and watch the U21 games if you want to see an U21 team. I want to see a proper cup tie.

Especially with the draw we have, playing a very inexperienced team could well come back and bite us in the backside.

10 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Was that the one where boro turned up as well? It was a little crazy that night

It was a Saturday 3pm KO as far I can remember and I think it was Newcastle who turned up not boro as Newcastle were playing the next day in a televised match (before sky).I can remember Chris Waddle on the pitch before the match doing a presentation.

Definitely organised they were fights in every stand that day.

Based on official % we'd only get about 200 tickets for Salford and we'd probably lose anyway. More interesting tie than a Champ or League One team though, regardless of who wins their replay. 

53 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Used to watch Hartlepool as a kid - first game I saw there was a 4-4 draw against Barrow in nineteen hundred and frozen to death! Worked in Salford for 5 years, so good memories of both places. 

hi guys pools fan here. Not quite the draw we wanted. We would of prefered one of the north east teams or a big prem team away for the money. Still though home tie against yourselves could of been a lot worse. I think people are a bit disappointed as were not very good in fact id say dreadful and have been for the last 6 years or so. Not many people will give us a chance in this one. Just a few things our ground holds just short of 8000 plans are apparently to extend the away end where you will be sitting to a double tier 3000 seater in future years. At the moment you will get about 1030 tickets so doubt there will be too many problems with anyone who wants a ticket can get one and even if they sell out I'm sure you could get in our home end on the day. We don't quite have the hooligan following we had back in the 80s. Pretty friendly at pools now. Though if people want trouble im sure they could find it. The ground itself totally changed from the dump it used to be infact its a proper football ground bang in the town centre with loads of pubs near and possibly one of the best atmospheres in the lower leagues on its day. Saying all this we got to beat Salford yet and that is by no means certain. By the way does anyone remember that game in the 80s in the fa cup what an atmosphere that was. I was only a young lad but remember fighting all game in the stands. Still remains one of my best memories beating yourselves that day. Just shows how few and far good days are apart following us. As for the weather been tropical this winter hardly a cold day but come January can be Baltic and people wonder why we only get 4000 crowds. I think the weather is one reason sometimes. Good luck on beating the smoggies to promotion.

Archived