Derby County v Brighton

Day

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to recap events somewhat. You know from the 1st minute to the 55th, Derby probably created about six really good chances and Brighton just the one.

How it was still 1-1 after Ince's deflected shot just wide I don't know. A wholly unjust scorelne.

From 60 minutes onwards, Brighton probably edged it as aside from their goal, they did have a decent chance with Hemmed too but that was brilliantly blocked away. I can't remeber us having any chances after the hour mark.

Was such a shame we couldn't make our dominance pay. A fair reflection would have been about 3-1 at the hour mark, then the intensity just disappeared and our midfield dropped way too deep.

Draws like this will kill us come the end of the season if we're not careful. Forget that Brighton are top, we missed a boat load of chances and let it slip away - similarly against Birmingham and Charlton too.

Would have rather beat Brum, Brighton and Charlton and lost to Blackburn and Sheff Wed than pick up five draws. In fact had we done that, we'd be sitting top now.

Mixed performance. We could have been 2-1 or 3-1 on the hour. Last 30 mins they were dominant and to be fair i couldnt fathom our tactics. Tempo was very ponderous. Need a runner back in the centre which means a recall for Hendrick. I can see why Brighton are up there as they are solid. Expect them to be top 3. Too many of the Rams werent on their A game. Important late goal but we need to kick on again. 

On 12/11/2015 at 16:38, Perseus said:

Stats Prediction

0 Not allowed!
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958936/Preview

Home

Goals: Derby 2 Brighton 1

Shots 15 - 11 On target 5 - 3

Possession 54% - 46%

Passing: 82% - 75%

First time I've done this. See how it pans out to form.

It should also be choose the most likely scorer especially with Derby as they have a settled team. Chris Martin would be most likely.

This is all the season stats, not current form. 

PS: I voted 1-1.

I might be down to finishing. 

Actual

Goals: Derby 2 Brighton 2
Shots 19-8 On target 9-3

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958936/Live

See Chalkboard for the shots

Possession updated 59% - 41%
Passing 82% - 74%

Derby had more chances than predicted by current form.  Who Scored form is not very reliable. Brighton did not play as well as normal by their scoring system. And in reality as well. 

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

I have read it. Brighton are neither talented nor rampant and won't finish within the top 2 fpr reasons given.

He never said Brighton were talented or rampant!!! The point he's making says we were talented and rampant and brighton were away to us. He means that if we were away to another rampant and talented side we would resort to the same tactics. We wouldn't but that's what he thinks.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just trying to recap events somewhat. You know from the 1st minute to the 55th, Derby probably created about six really good chances and Brighton just the one.

How it was still 1-1 after Ince's deflected shot just wide I don't know. A wholly unjust scorelne.

From 60 minutes onwards, Brighton probably edged it as aside from their goal, they did have a decent chance with Hemmed too but that was brilliantly blocked away. I can't remeber us having any chances after the hour mark.

Was such a shame we couldn't make our dominance pay. A fair reflection would have been about 3-1 at the hour mark, then the intensity just disappeared and our midfield dropped way too deep.

Draws like this will kill us come the end of the season if we're not careful. Forget that Brighton are top, we missed a boat load of chances and let it slip away - similarly against Birmingham and Charlton too.

Would have rather beat Brum, Brighton and Charlton and lost to Blackburn and Sheff Wed than pick up five draws. In fact had we done that, we'd be sitting top now.

There was Russell's shot, well saved. We had way more chances but Brighton were quick on the break. We have drawn too many games but we got one last week we maybe didn't deserve so things even out. We are now very hard to beat... Just like Brighton. 

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Can't comment on today Yorkshire, but based on this analysis I guess you must be pretty underwhelmed by all our away performances this season.  We haven't exactly been sweeping the opposition aside with "dynamism", and in truth I think we have looked pretty average going forward (but with a good defence, solid team shape, etc). They clearly did a reasonable job on us today.  Fair play to them.

Hull away?

Clement must sort out our midfield. Brighton pressed high up the field to nullify Thorne. As a result Johnson was dropping deep to take the ball from the defence and Thorne was effectively standing there as a third centre half leaving us out numbered in the midfield.Clement was late in taking him off and moving to a 4-4-2 formation.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Clement must sort out our midfield. Brighton pressed high up the field to nullify Thorne. As a result Johnson was dropping deep to take the ball from the defence and Thorne was effectively standing there as a third centre half leaving us out numbered in the midfield.Clement was late in taking him off and moving to a 4-4-2 formation.

Completely agree with this. Thorne is trotting around alongside the centre backs like a schoolboy who doesn't know where to go. It's leaving the midfield weak and effectively gives us ten men. We have the most expensive midfield in the division but it is en bloc not supporting the attack and completely ineffective.

Disagree entirely. Them having to come out and nullify Thorne was what was giving Johnson the space to get the ball on the left hand side - especially first half.

They had a clear tactical plan to crowd us down our right, which let Warnock sit as a winger, bringing Weimann in and dropping Johnson deep. The problem for me was Johnson is ***** when he's got time to think and sit deep. he got caught a few times or hit aimless diagonals for Ince to try and win, which he was never going to.  What we should have done is rotated Butterfield in there and pushed Johnson on.

Disappointed with the performance to be honest.

Played our football from way too deep.

Still not sure the midfield 3 can work together.

Also what is all of this 11 men in our own box for opposition corners? I think a certain ex manager would have been slated for that.  Stick Ince and Weimann on the halfway line and make the opposition defend!

11 hours ago, cunningplan said:

I don't think you understood my post. Have another look and then decide which team I was describing as talented and rampant. The rest of what you wrote is not worth commenting on.

Your right Harrowram clearly didn't read your post properly, what on earth the rest of his comments were about then who knows ?.

Without wishing to upset our new resident troll HarrowRam, I was very impressed by Brighton yesterday. Look a really good side, love the way they break with speed and numbers, and it speaks volumes that people seem very disappointed we didn't win. Shows we're in a good place.

On the penos, the first one (handball) wasn't, the second (JR) was, but not many refs would have given it.

Overall thought we played our part in a really entertaining game and for the first 2/3rds were the better team.

The lesson must be a better conversion to chances rate though. Could have put the game to bed before half time.

If the opposition score first we struggle as we them have to break them down, if we score first then things are different as the opposition have to play. We also have problems with teams that press, unfortunately we can be a little predictable, still think we will be ok come the end but this is a difficult division this year, impressed by Brighton, I think Feb and March will be the important part, the depth of every ones squads will come into play then 

21 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Without wishing to upset our new resident troll HarrowRam, I was very impressed by Brighton yesterday. Look a really good side, love the way they break with speed and numbers, and it speaks volumes that people seem very disappointed we didn't win. Shows we're in a good place.

On the penos, the first one (handball) wasn't, the second (JR) was, but not many refs would have given it.

Overall thought we played our part in a really entertaining game and for the first 2/3rds were the better team.

The lesson must be a better conversion to chances rate though. Could have put the game to bed before half time.

Resident troll? Me? I was at the game and I have seen the highlights.A draw wasn't a disaster provided we defeat Bristol City on Tuesday and don't lose at Ipswich next Saturday. Brighton play decent football and scored a very good first goal. However i was disappointed that Derby didn't take the game by the scruff after half time.

Funniest thing at match yesterday was a fan three rows behind me blaming Grant for not coming out for the first goal.... Just looked at him and shook my head... Just got to appreciate a good goal... :blink:

Archived