Will Hughes

Ovis aries

1 minute ago, eddie said:

but......but....

We were told that Clement hadn't got the backing of the players. I read it on here, so it must be true

So called experts apparently. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Will Hughes ain't forgotten man at all, like Eddie said he's our new chief scout. Anyway I find it strange that you're posting this that but ignored my two questions (1 about Huddlestone and 1 about Jason Roy) funny that. 

What were the questions?

4 hours ago, emjlc02 said:

I still think Hughes is a lot better player than Butterfield and will improve the team when he is back.

A little unfair on 'Butts'. Two different players. Whilst both play-makers, one's a creator and the other's a controller. I don't think Hughes would have scored either goal Butterfield scored on Friday. I think however that, even with us intentionally allowing Hull the majority of possession, we'd have had a far greater share of possession had Hughes been playing in that situation. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

What were the questions?

Why would they lose Huddlestone for Friday game? (Last week) 

Didn't Jason Roy got 102 runs other day? Ovis ignored it (or rynny guessing that he's blocked me) 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Why would they lose Huddlestone for Friday game? (Last week) 

A. because they were careless?

Didn't Jason Roy got 102 runs other day?

A. yes

Ovis ignored it (or rynny guessing that he's blocked me) 

Oh I see. I've tried to answer for him

9 minutes ago, bcnram said:

One of the medical guys is suggesting that he may be available at end of Feb for games. Will be a few u21 and the odd friendly. But we've heard that sort of optimism before. I think his recovery will be better managed than GT's. 

I'm no expert, unlike surprisingly many on here, but I think Hughes' build might help him recover better than Thorne.

There's not much on him, not as muscly or bulky so could that be an advantage in recovery?

Experts assemble. 

Really don't rush him back. We rushed Thorne back in Feb and could have had him for the run in. Instead he played 4 games and was out again. If we carry on as we are with our current set of midfielders, as crazy as it sounds, we don't need Hughes to make or break our promotion. Ensuring he's brought back at the right time and 100% and ready to go could make us even better and seal it though.

11 hours ago, cannable said:

A little unfair on 'Butts'. Two different players. Whilst both play-makers, one's a creator and the other's a controller. I don't think Hughes would have scored either goal Butterfield scored on Friday. I think however that, even with us intentionally allowing Hull the majority of possession, we'd have had a far greater share of possession had Hughes been playing in that situation. 

I don't think its unfair, yes they play slightly differently but they both play centre mid and if I was picking one it would be Hughes every time over Butterfield as I think he is a superior player. I don't think you could ever say that a player of Hughes ability and technique wouldnt have scored either goal but Butterfield does carry a bigger goal threat.

Hopefully Will is actually watching & learning from Butterfields goal threat. 

We have been saying for ages we haven't carried much of a goal threat from outside the box and Will was part of that. The occasional goal, but not many real efforts to take a chance. Now he can see someone like Jacob getting into similar positions as he did and having a pop and being successful with it. If Will adds more goals to his game them brilliant, it is also something he had earmarked before the season as an area to improve as well. 

19 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Hopefully Will is actually watching & learning from Butterfields goal threat. 

We have been saying for ages we haven't carried much of a goal threat from outside the box and Will was part of that. The occasional goal, but not many real efforts to take a chance. Now he can see someone like Jacob getting into similar positions as he did and having a pop and being successful with it. If Will adds more goals to his game them brilliant, it is also something he had earmarked before the season as an area to improve as well. 

I think it's fair to say that if young Will had a greater goal threat he wouldn't still be playing for us.  If he had the goal ratio of Bryson he'd be playing for a Big 4 club...

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I think it's fair to say that if young Will had a greater goal threat he wouldn't still be playing for us.  If he had the goal ratio of Bryson he'd be playing for a Big 4 club...

That is indeed his flaw, and I hope to see him start rectifying it after we get promoted, when we can hold onto him for longer/get more for him. 

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That is indeed his flaw, and I hope to see him start rectifying it after we get promoted, when we can hold onto him for longer/get more for him. 

The frustrating thing is, when he does score, a majority of them tend to be blinders...

Archived