Will Hughes

Ovis aries

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't say he's forgotten really. Think everyone's just accepted the fact that we probably won't see him this season, so he's in the back of people's minds a bit more.

As we get closer to his return, the prospect of a Thorne/Hughes/Johnson midfield will be a mouth-watering thing indeed.

2 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

The forgotten man, does not get a lot of mention nowadays, seemingly not missed at all , which is a good sign surely.

He's our new chief scout

It's all ifs and buts...

But, if Hughes and Bryson hadn't got injured on day 1, would we have bought Johnson and Butterfield? We are much stronger for having those in the squad and I don't think we would have got both, if any, if Hughes and Bryson hadn't got injured.

I would still not wish injury to any player, but the injury to Hughes could turn out to be the reason we signed 2 players who could be so key to our promotion.

And to unleash Hughes on Premiership teams is a mouthwatering prospect.

The value of having a big squad filled with quality players has been, is being and will be demonstrated clearly this season. If one of our players has a problem, then loan him out quickly and bring him back fitter and happier. They are still getting paid, generally have long contracts and are expecting a wages hike next season if we get promoted. Clement seems to be managing this issue extremely well. The work rate against Hull was exceptional.

6 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

The forgotten man, does not get a lot of mention nowadays, seemingly not missed at all , which is a good sign surely.

Will Hughes ain't forgotten man at all, like Eddie said he's our new chief scout. Anyway I find it strange that you're posting this that but ignored my two questions (1 about Huddlestone and 1 about Jason Roy) funny that. 

13 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Will Hughes ain't forgotten man at all, like Eddie said he's our new chief scout. Anyway I find it strange that you're posting this that but ignored my two questions (1 about Huddlestone and 1 about Jason Roy) funny that. 

Probably because you have been blocked.

I don't know, just guessing :mellow:

Just now, rynny said:

I don't know if he has, was just a guess :)

We both don't know if he has or not. Would like to know what's his answer of my 2 questions though. 

:) 

Not forgotten at all, once he's back he'll be in contention for a regular place, and will probably merit one if previous form is anything to go by.  If we go up he will prove his worth I'm sure - last season there were times when, in the absence of Thorne & Martin, he looked like the only truly Prem class player we had on the pitch, and there must have been times when he maybe thought so too.  The most unfortunate thing with his injury is that we don't get to see him playing alongside Thorne & Johnson or Thorne & Butterfield in what would surely be a midfield 3 that could hold its own in the top flight.  We didn't forget Thorne when he was out and we haven't forgotten Will either, and for much the same reasons, most notably that I never saw him give anything less than 100% for the shirt, even when those around him were not delivering the goods and we were struggling.  He has bags of skill, bags of commitment and bags of energy, and he will I'm sure get the ovation he deserves when he comes back!

7 hours ago, Shang said:

Bumped into him at a pub in Hackney for the Forest match.

He pretty much said he's out for the rest of the season but he's progressing well.

I used to live in Hackney. Which pub? Didn't realise our Will was a massive hipster.

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

The value of having a big squad filled with quality players has been, is being and will be demonstrated clearly this season. If one of our players has a problem, then loan him out quickly and bring him back fitter and happier. They are still getting paid, generally have long contracts and are expecting a wages hike next season if we get promoted. Clement seems to be managing this issue extremely well. The work rate against Hull was exceptional.

but......but....

We were told that Clement hadn't got the backing of the players. I read it on here, so it must be true

Archived