Next 10 games...

ck-

1 minute ago, super rams said:

Carson only had to make two saves that were on target - their other 21 attempts flew high or wide re watch the game on Sky - They missed lots of chances, as I said earlier even Clement said so after the game.....

Luck was on our side Friday night and not theirs.........

I watched the game. Luck did not come in to it. We were the better team.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, super rams said:

Carson only had to make two saves that were on target - their other 21 attempts flew high or wide re watch the game on Sky - They missed lots of chances, as I said earlier even Clement said so after the game.....

What luck? Where were they unlucky?

Carson is in goal to make saves.

They were lucky Weimann deflected Thorne's shot into the keeper. That Ince missed the target and that Cyrus tripped over. 

Must be gutting to see us cruising. 

Having to dig deep for negatives now aren't we?

58 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Scored more I believe. That's how ranking works if 2 teams have same gd.

Reward for attacking play. I can't immediately fathom how boring boro have managed that even after taking a 3-0 tonking at Hull. 

They must have dealt out a beating to someone that I missed.

You are right 27 against our 26,thanks for the answer

Some people need to realise shots don't = chances.

The best chance of the entire game fell to Maloney and it won't register as a shot on target. 

One of the other best chances was Cyrus running through. That won't even register as a shot off target. That will be "blocked."

Huddlestone's 30 yard blast will count as a shot on target. Wouldn't you be fuming if Huddlestone scored from 30 yards in the center of the goal? 

Stats back up what we see. Not to be used instead of what we see. 

The Christie chance was better than the Huddlestone shot. But statistically it wasn't.  Which chance would you prefer presented to us next Sunday.

23 chances my arse. 

Shall I go pull out the argument where I said we had 55 shots in 3 games and you questioned how many were actual chances? 

Negative hypocrite 

34 minutes ago, super rams said:

I can think of 3

hi again all

The point about Boro having scored more than us could be very important come the end of the season.  That's why we need to be absolutely ruthless if we're playing a bottom half side and are 2-0 or 3-0 up and cruising.  In that situation, keeping the foot on the gas and trying for a 4th or 5th goal could prove crucial down the line - we need to make sure that not only do we have the best goal difference but that we're ahead on goals scored as well.  Imagine if Boro finished 2nd and us 3rd just because we had scored 1 goal fewer over the season, how gutting would that be?

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What luck? Where were they unlucky?

Carson is in goal to make saves.

They were lucky Weimann deflected Thorne's shot into the keeper. That Ince missed the target and that Cyrus tripped over. 

Must be gutting to see us cruising. 

Having to dig deep for negatives now aren't we?

We went 2 up and then sat too deep and went into negative mode - Hull then took control and dominated the game in terms of possession, chances created -  it was not by chance they didn't hit the target. Luck paid a massive part.

They missed some sitters  - on another day with the number of chances they created, Hull will hit 4 or 5,  - on another day if will let the opposition dominate us in possession and let them have 23 attempts, the opposition might not be so wasteful. 

Yes, we won -  but again we cannot play positive for 90 mins, 1st half we were good - but 2nd half we hung on again - Clement made the comment after the game that Hull had lots of chances to score but didn't.

To let your opposition have 63% possession of the game is not good -to let them have 23 attempts is not great defending either - great defending would limit the number of chances they had, they didn't score simply because they only hit the target 2 out of 23 attempts  - we had 4 on target out of 9 attempts.

Why cannot we ball the whole game like we did in the first 25 mins ?

7 minutes ago, super rams said:

We went 2 up and then sat too deep and went into negative mode - Hull then took control and dominated the game in terms of possession, chances created -  it was not by chance they didn't hit the target. Luck paid a massive part.

They missed some sitters  - on another day with the number of chances they created, Hull will hit 4 or 5,  - on another day if will let the opposition dominate us in possession and let them have 23 attempts, the opposition might not be so wasteful. 

Yes, we won -  but again we cannot play positive for 90 mins, 1st half we were good - but 2nd half we hung on again - Clement made the comment after the game that Hull had lots of chances to score but didn't.

To let your opposition have 63% possession of the game is not good -to let them have 23 attempts is not great defending either - great defending would limit the number of chances they had, they didn't score simply because they only hit the target 2 out of 23 attempts  - we had 4 on target out of 9 attempts.

Game management. At least you have well and truly exposed your lack of understanding.

19 minutes ago, super rams said:

On another day Thorne's shot misses Weimann and goes in and Christie doesn't stumble at the end of his run and finishes it and we're 4-0 up after 35 minutes. The majority of Hull fans said we deserved to win, Steve Bruce said we deserved to win, the Sky Sports pundits said we deserved to win, but of course super rams has to go against the norm and find something to moan about as usual

6 minutes ago, super rams said:

Game management?

So giving your opposition 63% of the possession and letting them create 23 attempts was Clements game plan - Now I know your a plonker!

Of course I am, I decided to reply to your inane babbling.

Long range pot shots is nothing to be worried about.

42 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

the Sky Sports pundits said we deserved to win,

I think you'll find the question was put to Peter Beargie, with only 37% how have Derby won this?

PB - Derby took there chances and Hull didn't.

We cannot afford to teams 63% of the possession and let them create so many chances as Hull did and keep expecting to win games, that will not keep happening - the luck will run out very quickly.

We do have to perform better against Wednesday and Brighton or are we going to rely on them both to be wasteful in front of goal like Hull were?

Interesting points in the thread, as well as the standard trolling.

Of the 23 "attempts", a deeper dig into the stats says 8 were blocked, 13 flew high and wide and 2 were serious, That shows that stats never tell the story, because they count Carson's tip over in the second half as a shot off target (though maybe it was going over anyway?).

For us, Christie should have scored when the red sea parted, Martin's header was powerful and directed downward well, and anywhere other than at the keeper would have been in. Ince missed by less than an inch at the end. Thorne's shot produced a wonder save due to Weiman deflecting it into the keeper's path.

In modern football, once you have a lead such as ours you defend securely and aim to hit your opponents as they take risks to try to get a goal back. This is what the big and successful teams such as Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid do. Curiously, it's what the Derby of this season are doing far better than ever before. What a contrast to the end portion of last season.

Text mesaages I received from Hull friends at the game - first one at HT 

Well worth the lead. Passing a lot better.

second one the day after

Good result for Derby. You were much better organised and quicker than us. The best team we have seen at the KC this season. PS I wish Sky would leave us alone and not put us on Live TV. We would be relegated, now 0 wins in 10 matches. 

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Text mesaages I received from Hull friends at the game - first one at HT 

Well worth the lead. Passing a lot better.

second one the day after

Good result for Derby. You were much better organised and quicker than us. The best team we have seen at the KC this season. PS I wish Sky would leave us alone and not put us on Live TV. We would be relegated, now 0 wins in 10 matches. 

I feel for him.

I still see nightmares of all those horrible Sky games against Leicester.

Archived