everybody calm down

simsdcfc

54 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Thing is though, how tired and battered and bruised will the players be on Friday? that's worrying to me! that and the fact we have no LB! 

After an away trip, the Forest players are likely to be more tired than ours. 

No excuses whatsoever.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down is a very tall order. Not going to happen. We need to hammer Florest on friday because it is on TV and we need to show our rivals that expecting to win against us, is a thing of the past. Clement is used to going on long unbeaten runs, this probably does not look like anything other than what is expected. If we are winning with ten minutes to go on friday, it is surely time to sing:-

'Oh my darling, Oh my darling,Oh my darling, Clementine'.

I talked to some Florest fans in the pub this week, they are dreading this friday.

As things stand we're about 8 games and 20 points from where I'd ideally want to be. I don't mean I'd be disappointed if we didn't (as that would be quite an achievement). What I mean is if we manage that and I'd be genuinely excited about our chances in the second half of the season. 

Things can change horrifying quickly in football, as we should all know well. A couple months back people were actually talking about who after Clement. A week ago Weimann wasn't good enough to play on the right. A couple months back Christie and Forsyth were useless and couldn't be relied on, today they started both being seen as world beaters at this level, and as of now we have no idea if we'll see Forsyth again this season. 

50 points at the half way point though, that would be quite something, and whilst I can't see 6 wins and 2 draws or better actually happening, if we did manage that, we would be set for the second half. 

Right now though, take it one game and at time, and soak in the good days. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

If it was concussion as I've seen mentioned, are there rules that would stop him playing 3 days later? Didn't Hendrick have to miss the next one due to concussion?

Yep, if it's a concussion he mightn't be back for a week or two. 

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If it was concussion as I've seen mentioned, are there rules that would stop him playing 3 days later? Didn't Hendrick have to miss the next one due to concussion?

It was Hanson in the Boro game and missed Brum. It all depends on the levelof the concussion, PC said it was just the initial knock that made him a bit unsteady, don't think there will be too much to worry about with him.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Your choice of left back for Friday... Baird, Shotton, Lowe? Who would you pick and why?

Guest appearance for one match only by Buxton, irrespective of his level of fitness, purely to frighten the red dogs to death.

Failing that Baird - played exceptionally when he came on tonight, not putting a foot wrong.

FIXTURES UNTIL HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON (24 POINTS AT STAKE)

Nottm Forest v Derby Fri 6 Nov19:30

Derby v Cardiff Sat 21 Nov15:00

Hull v Derby Fri 27 Nov19:45

Sheff Wed v Derby Sun 6 Dec13:15

Derby v Brighton Sat 12 Dec15:00

Derby v Bristol City Tue 15 Dec19:45

Ipswich v Derby Sat 19 Dec15:00

Derby v Fulham Sat 26 Dec15:00

Q1 - How many points will we get from these?

Q2- How many points do we need to get from these?

Q1 - ?/24

Q2 - ?/24

After a very slow start, we had a hill to climb but we're there now and are finally averaging 2 points per game - which is where we need to be for potential top 2.

There's no way that 5 teams will continue to all average 2 points, as they have been so far. A couple are bound to fall away at some point. Just praying it won't be us.

Archived