What do we know about striker Offrande Zanzala

irobinson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for me though I do like him, I think a loan out, either in January or next season, will do him a lot of good. He's a lot stronger than most of his contemporaries in the youth scene, battling alongside some bruiser of a League Two centre half will cancel that advantage out and show his real talent. I'd like to see him at that level sometime soon, maybe lower for a month then a step up. Definitely a promising young player though.

Mason appears to be behind Kwame Thomas after last year, he doesn't seem to be part of the bigger picture at the moment.

I think Ofrande is still 18 or 19. I have watched him a few times.He bears down on goal with great purpose. He could stab a ball in the net with the best of them. I think that he would have had a couple of chances on saturday. A month at the likes of Rotherham after Xmas would do him no harm.Very difficult to get him in our squad with Darren Bent and co still trying to get a game. He was talking  on Ramsplayer about the U21s getting promoted this season. Best thing for the U21s is to win their league and play against the Division one Premier players. We could have had promotion last year if we had put three ringers in against Reading. That is what I would do against the better teams this year.We can play three older players in any game.

33 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think Ofrande is still 18 or 19. I have watched him a few times.He bears down on goal with great purpose. He could stab a ball in the net with the best of them. I think that he would have had a couple of chances on saturday. A month at the likes of Rotherham after Xmas would do him no harm.Very difficult to get him in our squad with Darren Bent and co still trying to get a game. He was talking  on Ramsplayer about the U21s getting promoted this season. Best thing for the U21s is to win their league and play against the Division one Premier players. We could have had promotion last year if we had put three ringers in against Reading. That is what I would do against the better teams this year.We can play three older players in any game.

With respect, I don't agree Rampage, the u21's should prosper under their own steam, bringing 1st teamers in to clinch promotion would've sent completely the wrong message out imo, you've got us into this position, now stand aside while we bring in some proper players to complete the job? 

It would do their confidence no good to be in a false position relative to their ability, perhaps getting beat every week at the higher level? 

These boys need to be men, ready to step into 1st team action, it's often said you better yourself playing better players, but I think it's more you get better playing with better players.

In that case, let's see that academy recruitment budget being put to good use, I've yet to see anyone come in who would make anything but the slightest dint in it, I'd expected to see by now some of the best prospects from League's 1 and 2 signed up and in the U21's.

1st teamers should only be near the U-21's to aid recovery after an injury lay off, someone made a thread the other day bemoaning the lack of a reserve league, and I see his point.

I misread your post originally, and gave it a like, that still stands though because you make far more good points than bad, but I can't like them all!

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

With respect, I don't agree Rampage, the u21's should prosper under their own steam, bringing 1st teamers in to clinch promotion would've sent completely the wrong message out imo, you've got us into this position, now stand aside while we bring in some proper players to complete the job? 

It would do their confidence no good to be in a false position relative to their ability, perhaps getting beat every week at the higher level? 

These boys need to be men, ready to step into 1st team action, it's often said you better yourself playing better players, but I think it's more you get better playing with better players.

In that case, let's see that academy recruitment budget being put to good use, I've yet to see anyone come in who would make anything but the slightest dint in it, I'd expected to see by now some of the best prospects from League's 1 and 2 signed up and in the U21's.

1st teamers should only be near the U-21's to aid recovery after an injury lay off, someone made a thread the other day bemoaning the lack of a reserve league, and I see his point.

I misread your post originally, and gave it a like, that still stands though because you make far more good points than bad, but I can't like them all!

Everything that you say is very valid Reveldevil. I always enjoy your posts. The U21s are better than last season and Reading who beat us to it by two points were second in Division One a couple of weeks ago. We could play three ringers in Division One as well. Division One is a smaller step to the first team than Division Two.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

He has only moved up to the under 21s from the under 18s this season so the fact he is scoring regularly shows his potential. Him and Charles Vernam were banging in the goals for fun last season too.

I think that I may have talked to you at the U21s games, angieram. If it is who I think it is, you know more about the U21s than anyone else that I have talked to at the matches The guy with the hat who can talk for a small island, say Australia.

22 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think that I may have talked to you at the U21s games, angieram. If it is who I think it is, you know more about the U21s than anyone else that I have talked to at the matches The guy with the hat who can talk for a small island, say Australia.

The guy in the hat? Is he tall?

bet it's Mick Derby.

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Not me I'm afraid, but I do try to keep up with all the reports. 

Is loaning our better youngsters a good option?

u21s are in a 'Premier League' type league playing against the top youngsters (supposedly) in the country.

Going out on loan would spoil their development. Moving away, different training ground, arguably worst players around them, smaller changing rooms.

Could be a number of reasons why Bennett hasn't progressed, injuries, loan moves, becoming a father, change of management (he was on the fringe with Will in the Clough era)

4 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

What do we know about striker Offrande Zanzala?

What do I know about striker Offrande Zanzala?

1, He's a striker.

2, He has a most unusual name.  (guessing he might be a bit foreign)

3, er.. that's it.

very informative.....

Archived