Forest tickets

MuespachRam

Think that might be to do with the the %age of seats, as we have a bigger ground, we have a larger minimum we have to give them.

The minimum only applies to cup matches. I don't beleve that there is an obligation to reserve a certain percentage for away fans in league games.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The minimum only applies to cup matches. I don't beleve that there is an obligation to reserve a certain percentage for away fans in league games.

I found it in the old DET article from the 'outrage' when Forest announced they were setting the allocation at 2000:

The rule in the Championship is that a club has to offer 10% or 2,000 whichever is the lesser. It is 10% or 3,000 in the Premier League.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Fewer-Nottingham-Forest-tickets-spoil-rivalry/story-19751393-detail/story.html

Yeah yeah I was just going to have a nice cup of tea and stare at a humongous picture of Super Jake Buxton all day long instead, then I remembered I will be in the Bon Accord pub in Glasgow watching it before nipping off to watch The Wedding Present at The School of Art Glasgow where I expect to see another picture of Super Jake Buxton there, coz he is a work of art. If not I'll stick it up myself!

pass on my best regards to Mr Gedge for me.....the finest song writer this country has ever produced...in fact that this planet has ever produced. 

I was just singing away in the car actually...

"i kept so many old things, I never quite stopped....hoping" genius. 

pass on my best regards to Mr Gedge for me.....the finest song writer this country has ever produced...in fact that this planet has ever produced. 

I was just singing away in the car actually...

"i kept so many old things, I never quite stopped....hoping" genius. 

I went to school with a lad who was a regular pen pal/writer to and from Mr Gedge. Though when he went and approached him after a year or two exchanging letters, he was completely blanked by him.

That's a very dull anecdote wasn't it?!

Back on thread: Reckon I'd get 2 tickets if I hung around the turnstiles asking on the night??

I went to school with a lad who was a regular pen pal/writer to and from Mr Gedge. Though when he went and approached him after a year or two exchanging letters, he was completely blanked by him.

That's a very dull anecdote wasn't it?!

Back on thread: Reckon I'd get 2 tickets if I hung around the turnstiles asking on the night??

not at all, I have met him a few times and on each occasion he has remembered my name and what we spoke about before, even if there was a year or so gap between meetings. Really nice bloke...and you have inspired me to listen to the this morning.. Thanks. 

And yes, there is always someone with spare tickets, always. 

I'm a season ticket holder and an away member, been to every game bar Reading away this year - I like the system, it works absolutely fine, but one thing I would say is that non-ST holders shouldn't be able to purchase an away membership. That is rather unfair.

If you've got enough money to go to all the away games and get a season ticket, surely you can save £50 during the summer for a membership?

what's the point of me buying a season ticket?id love to go to every home game but it's impossible,financially mainly.As you said,the current system works fine apart from a couple of games a season where demand outstrips supply.

The memberships are the club ticket touting the Forest game pretty much, roll up roll up who's got the most money, they are pretty much useless for the rest of the season.

You could go to every away game in a season but not have a season ticket and it will cost you £39 for the home membership, then £49 for the away membership, you can't buy the away without a home if you're not a season ticket holder, now throw on top the £35 for the match ticket and you're looking at £123 a ticket.

To be honest I think you're nuts if you have an away membership and not a ST holder, £88 just for a plastic card that gives you priority that only really comes in to play for 1 game. Madness.

The memberships are the club ticket touting the Forest game pretty much, roll up roll up who's got the most money, they are pretty much useless for the rest of the season.

You could go to every away game in a season but not have a season ticket and it will cost you £39 for the home membership, then £49 for the away membership, you can't buy the away without a home if you're not a season ticket holder, now throw on top the £35 for the match ticket and you're looking at £123 a ticket.

To be honest I think you're nuts if you have an away membership and not a ST holder, £88 just for a plastic card that gives you priority that only really comes in to play for 1 game. Madness.

del will show you how to do it on a shoe string, just hang on.

exactly...i went a couple of years ago when we beat them in the cup and got a ticket at the ground an hour before the kick off, just walked into the ticket office and bought one.....this season i will be sat with my feet in the pool, with the sun on my back watching it on the TV as i eat my Frosties.... perfect.

exactly...i went a couple of years ago when we beat them in the cup and got a ticket at the ground an hour before the kick off, just walked into the ticket office and bought one.....this season i will be sat with my feet in the pool, with the sun on my back watching it on the TV as i eat my Frosties.... perfect.

make sure the tv don't fall into the pool youth.

Daveo,I don't have away membership for this one game,I have it because if I plan to go to an away game I book flights,train and hotels about three months in advance to get the cheapest deals.All of these are often non refundable if not used,so I'm taking a risk if sky decide to change the date for the TV,I have away membership to make sure I get a ticket after booking all of this and spending about £250,if I wasn't first in the queue I probably wouldn't risk booking everything in advance until I knew I had a ticket and then flights and hotels would probably be twice the price if available at all.

Daveo,I don't have away membership for this one game,I have it because if I plan to go to an away game I book flights,train and hotels about three months in advance to get the cheapest deals.All of these are often non refundable if not used,so I'm taking a risk if sky decide to change the date for the TV,I have away membership to make sure I get a ticket after booking all of this and spending about £250,if I wasn't first in the queue I probably wouldn't risk booking everything in advance until I knew I had a ticket and then flights and hotels would probably be twice the price if available at all.

So there !!!

Wasn't really thinking about you expats in my post, totally understand why you would want to guarantee a seat, to be honest tho most games make general sale and as long as you don't leave it till the Friday to try chances are you will get tickets

Archived