Solution for our busy roads

CornwallRam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All women should be banned from driving.

Anyone over 65 should retest. 

i can't agree with that.

my mother does ok........apart from ......going up a bus lane the wrong way.....entering the motorway via the exit slip road........falling off a ramp at the showcase cinema.......only one of those resulted in a write off.

Everything except existing black Toyotas should be banned from the roads.

cyclists should be banned, except when I am cycling when they should ban all cars. We should have proper public transport. Snarled up in traffic at abbey hill roundabout last night I remember there used to be a train station round there at ford lane. Why not reopen it? Have a park and ride system. Or just don't bother with cars at all. Extend the tram from Nottingham... To spondon pride park and then Derby train station then onto intu and beyond. Also extend it from Phoenix park to heanor ripley and Langley mill, maybe Belper too. 

cyclists should be banned, except when I am cycling when they should ban all cars. We should have proper public transport. Snarled up in traffic at abbey hill roundabout last night I remember there used to be a train station round there at ford lane. Why not reopen it? Have a park and ride system. Or just don't bother with cars at all. Extend the tram from Nottingham... To spondon pride park and then Derby train station then onto intu and beyond. Also extend it from Phoenix park to heanor ripley and Langley mill, maybe Belper too. 

I'd say that driverless cars will have rendered all public transport obsolete within a decade. Door to door transport with no parking or drink driving issues and no wages for drivers - why would you use a bus/train/tram? 

the tram system into nottingham is great....

Doubt it, scrap HS2 just after it has been commissioned? They could move a lot faster on driverless car but some powerful lobbying forces working in the background in my opinion.

Less people being crammed onto creaking infrastructure might cut it, working in SE atm (not used to this part of the world), I honestly don't know how people do a lifetime of this, every hour is like rush hour and rush hour is a car park.

I must be the only person who owns my own car around here as every car I see is a 14 or 15 plate Audi, Merc or BMW. Is it me or do BMW drivers in suits (the middle manager types) love repping the shades on a sunny day (visor not enough for these people). They look like tools!

Doubt it, scrap HS2 just after it has been commissioned? They could move a lot faster on driverless car but some powerful lobbying forces working in the background in my opinion.

Less people being crammed onto creaking infrastructure might cut it, working in SE atm (not used to this part of the world), I honestly don't know how people do a lifetime of this, every hour is like rush hour and rush hour is a car park.

I must be the only person who owns my own car around here as every car I see is a 14 or 15 plate Audi, Merc or BMW. Is it me or do BMW drivers in suits (the middle manager types) love repping the shades on a sunny day (visor not enough for these people). They look like tools!

I doubt HS2 will ever actually be commissioned. 

Driverless car journeys will be far quicker for the 99.9% of railway journeys that don't begin and end within 10 meters of a train station, far cheaper and far less polluting once they organise solar charging or hydrogen power successfully. 

I could see a point where virtually no-one actually owns a car. To make a journey you just use the app on your phone and the appropriate vehicle turns up five minutes later, takes you to your destination and then takes itself off to the nearest recharging car park to wait for its next customer.

People who don't drive up to the speed limit when safe to do so ,especially the tossers who do 40 in a 60 limit .Not strictly against the law but you would fail your test for failing to make progress.

Middle and outside lane hoggers need banning for life and people that park near road junctions even without yellows it's illegal.

Middle lane hogging is rarely a problem... I think those people, who constantly weave between lanes are more of a hazard As they often leave far too little space between them and the cars in front. They don't seem to quite get that the reason someone might be in a middle lane is that there isn't sufficient space for them to move  into the inside lane, if you leave a safe distance between cars. 

Middle lane hogging is rarely a problem... I think those people, who constantly weave between lanes are more of a hazard As they often leave far too little space between them and the cars in front. They don't seem to quite get that the reason someone might be in a middle lane is that there isn't sufficient space for them to move  into the inside lane, if you leave a safe distance between cars. 

I do a few thousand motorway miles a month, and I can tell you that middle lane hogs are a massive problem, especially when nothing is in the inside lane. Basically everyone should be as much left as they can be, the other lanes are solely for overtaking. When someone hogs middle lane, doing a modest speed, the car coming up behind is forced to move into the overtaking lane 3 even if also doing a modest speed of say 60-65, meaning anyone driving at the limit or above (albeit illegal) is forced to slam on brakes and slow down. This causes congestion.

I do a few thousand motorway miles a month, and I can tell you that middle lane hogs are a massive problem, especially when nothing is in the inside lane. Basically everyone should be as much left as they can be, the other lanes are solely for overtaking. When someone hogs middle lane, doing a modest speed, the car coming up behind is forced to move into the overtaking lane 3 even if also doing a modest speed of say 60-65, meaning anyone driving at the limit or above (albeit illegal) is forced to slam on brakes and slow down. This causes congestion.

I've not seen that much... Just the occasional person who seems oblivious of the open stretch of Tarmac in the inside lane and the fact that she is only doing 50mph., usually female But I have been tailgated by people, usually male, who I guess must think I am a middle lane hogger , who then weave. In and out of lanes in front of me at great speed and with little distance between me and them and between them and the cars in front of them. That I think is far more dangerous driving than even a genuine middle lane hogger. 

Archived