Fans Forum

Day

Did you need them for a line or a full house?

I thought that the explanation given was a good one, and if you think about it, it should be obvious.

How on earth do you attract a player to Derby in order to be number two to Chris Martin if he is good enough to play that role effectively, when he is likely to be on the bench for 35-40 games a season? I had that argument several times with my Brother-in-law last year, and I don't think I got through to him.

I couldn't agree more, having had the same said argument a few times myself recently.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they have plans to upload it later on. If anyone hasn't, I'd recommend watching it, if only for Wassall's passion about the academy plans. Almost as impressive as the plans themselves.

Yes, my stake in the club is only that of a season ticket. But I couldn't be more proud of Derby County in its current guise.

By signing a young player with promise like Joao who Sheffield Wednesday purchased in the summer.

Martin was injured after the transfer window closed, so a permanent deal at the time was not feasible. Anyway, as Mel Morris pointed out, scoring goals in the last two months of the season wasn't a problem - stopping the opposition doing likewise was.

Did you need them for a line or a full house?

I thought that the explanation given was a good one, and if you think about it, it should be obvious.

How on earth do you attract a player to Derby in order to be number two to Chris Martin if he is good enough to play that role effectively, when he is likely to be on the bench for 35-40 games a season? I had that argument several times with my Brother-in-law last year, and I don't think I got through to him.

Exactly, what good is a 'no good' version of Chris Martin sitting on the bench costing us money - just in case? I am fully convinced that Clement has the tactical nous to manage a situation like Martin getting injured - and if not, it is an easier sell to a Premiership fringe striker or to one that might be on the market, as they could be guaranteed a starting spot for X number of weeks. 

Gutted! I saw Mel, PC, Vicars and then the finance bloke and then somebody turned up at the house to fetch a fish tank I was selling and by the time we had shifted it all it had bloody finished :angry: I hope they stick it on youtube or the O/S.

So that's where Sammon has been!

Sounds like they have plans to upload it later on. If anyone hasn't, I'd recommend watching it, if only for Wassall's passion about the academy plans. Almost as impressive as the plans themselves.

Yes, my stake in the club is only that of a season ticket. But I couldn't be more proud of Derby County in its current guise.

A small card that finds its way into a slot 23 times a year?

Martin was injured after the transfer window closed, so a permanent deal at the time was not feasible. Anyway, as Mel Morris pointed out, scoring goals in the last two months of the season wasn't a problem - stopping the opposition doing likewise was.

That would suggest that Martin only has an effect on our goals scored column. That would be a misunderstanding.   

Gutted! I saw Mel, PC, Vicars and then the finance bloke and then somebody turned up at the house to fetch a fish tank I was selling and by the time we had shifted it all it had bloody finished :angry: I hope they stick it on youtube or the O/S.

More likely eBay , they don't sell fish tanks on You Tube ..

Can't believe we get hung up on replacing Martin...

Bent, Weiman, Russell, Ince, I'm sure we could fashion a decent forward line out of that... Pretty much most clubs in our league would kill for that.

Bent, Weiman, Russell, Ince, I'm sure we could fashion a decent forward line out of that... Pretty much most clubs in our league would kill for that.

as was said , when Martin was out , we were still scoring goals , it was the defence that was gash ..

as was said , when Martin was out , we were still scoring goals , it was the defence that was gash ..

Agreed, and my post was so good you quoted it twice!

The guy questioning Paul Clement - no need. Not what this type of evening was about and find it really annoying when we suddenly start having Football Manager players believing they know more.

Darren Wassall stole the show for me. So passionate about his job there and the way he answered questions was really pleasing.

I liked the fact anyone in a senior position within the club was supporting the evening. Nice touch. There was cohesion between everyone, some good banter and although we didn't learn anything not already available what did strike me was the level of detail everyone is going into now.

If only they could have turned the temp down in the room.

Not working on my device. Still who wants to watch big headed Mel on the Mel morris show anyway?  Eh rammieib ?

For the record I still don't like my chairman being the vocal and visual point of my club however between Sam's contract and tonight's forum, which demonstrated the relationships Mel has with the team who work for him I do feel more confident on our medium and long term goals.

The guy questioning Paul Clement - no need. Not what this type of evening was about and find it really annoying when we suddenly start having Football Manager players believing they know more.

Darren Wassall stole the show for me. So passionate about his job there and the way he answered questions was really pleasing.

I liked the fact anyone in a senior position within the club was supporting the evening. Nice touch. There was cohesion between everyone, some good banter and although we didn't learn anything not already available what did strike me was the level of detail everyone is going into now.

If only they could have turned the temp down in the room.

Think this is testament to the openness and honesty that has been instilled in Derby County since Sam Rush has come in.

No disrespect to Tom Glick - but there always seemed to be an element of spin. You could argue that SR is doing the same, but it doesn't come across in that way. Maybe because there isn't much to spin anymore? 

I am disappointed in such a simplistic theory from you Mozza. 

Missing Martin and a DCM affected all parts of our play, as did Grant being injured with no real replacement available.

There is so much more to defending than the defence 

I am disappointed in such a simplistic theory from you Mozza. 

Missing Martin and a DCM affected all parts of our play, as did Grant being injured with no real replacement available.

There is so much more to defending than the defence 

hey,don't shoot the messenger!!

:o

indeed, yet half the room held their hand up for needing more attacking players when asked by Sam Rush. I didn't hold my hand up for any as I'm not sure where we need to improve currently, I think we are solid in all positions, but Forwards would probably be second to last on my list of required improvements after Goalkeepers. 

Archived