The First 360° goal cam

rynny

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's amazing. Even my missus said "that's good".

That's like Paul Clement smiling!! 

How though? It's blown my mind

It records across multiple angles and stitches them together would be my assumption. From there it's as simple as using whatever software your phone usually uses to shift the video's perspective. It's cool, and quite a technical feat, but how it's done isn't overly complicated. 

It'll be interesting to see what can be done with this concept going forward though. 

It records across multiple angles and stitches them together would be my assumption. From there it's as simple as using whatever software your phone usually uses to shift the video's perspective. It's cool, and quite a technical feat, but how it's done isn't overly complicated. 

It'll be interesting to see what can be done with this concept going forward though. 

Not complicated to you but to me... mind blown.

I get that it's recorded every possible angle and if it was live then I could understand. But I can't get my head around how I can control the view on something that's recorded. 

This something we could be seeing in gaming and movies do you think? 

Not complicated to you but to me... mind blown.

I get that it's recorded every possible angle and if it was live then I could understand. But I can't get my head around how I can control the view on something that's recorded. 

This something we could be seeing in gaming and movies do you think? 

It would use the gyro in your phone to determine orientation and from there it's just changing what portion of the video to show. It's a technology that's been used for quite a number of years already. It's quite a cool use for it though. 

It's something already used in gaming. One of the demonstration games on the 3DS uses it, and it's one of the party pieces of the Wii U. The oculus rift might be worth looking into if you're interested in headsets that'll be capable of such in the future as well. 

It would use the gyro in your phone to determine orientation and from there it's just changing what portion of the video to show. It's a technology that's been used for quite a number of years already. It's quite a cool use for it though. 

It's something already used in gaming. One of the demonstration games on the 3DS uses it, and it's one of the party pieces of the Wii U. The oculus rift might be worth looking into if you're interested in headsets that'll be capable of such in the future as well. 

There was Nokia Maps which was the first really mainstream use of such - where it overlaid points of interest on the camera.

Archived