Spurs and 8 - 2

irobinson

Derby 6 Notts County 0 in the F.A cup ,that year we beat Forest 4-0 at home 2-0 away ,Leicester 3-0 at home and 2-0 away .Total and utter East Midlands domination.

Was at the 6 0 Notts County, was that the Ian Storey Moore Signing on the pitch game?

Also at the 8 - 2 spurs. Another memory of that was a lanky spurs fan being kicked from the back to the front of the Ossie End and then being deposited in the Pop Side Columbo by the Police. He didn't look to well!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does 10 goals in a two successive games count? Derby 5 Luton 0 Roger Davies all 5 followed by Burnley 2 Derby 5 on the year we won the League for the 2nd time 1975

Roger was in fine form in that spell - he bagged a brace on 22 March when we won at St James' Park.

I wasn't at that game - got married to the Memsahib.

Both of us - half fans.

Was at the 6 0 Notts County, was that the Ian Storey Moore Signing on the pitch game?

Also at the 8 - 2 spurs. Another memory of that was a lanky spurs fan being kicked from the back to the front of the Ossie End and then being deposited in the Pop Side Columbo by the Police. He didn't look to well!

I was at both games ,I remember Moore being introduced to the fans and "signing on the pitch" can't remember who we were playing ,it could well have been Notts in the cup.

for the Chelsea game, my Auntie took a Polaroid photo of the tv where it showed me running on the pitch at corner of the c stand... I still have it with my young writing at the bottom saying "me on the pitch against Chelsea" ha ha. 

Bradford was a great day out, first time I had ever had a chicken balti pie. 

How weird, my longest lasting memory of this game was looking over towards C stand from the Normanton end when we went 4-3 up and seeing half the paddock empty out on to pitch.

Didn't we beat Sunderland 6-0 opening day of the season in 93/94ish? 

4-3 loss away to Leeds stands out after being 3-0 up at half time. Would add link as its on youtube but painful to watch.

Cant remember what happened last year myself, but ask me about 68 - 75 and its all still there. Perhaps it was just more memorable!

I'm the same .. 86-96 and I could probably hazard a good guess at most results , plus the scorers. Maybe the dross endured between 2002-13 ( bar a couple of good seasons ) makes it easier to forget. !! 

Derby 4 Chelsea 6, 1990 . One of the craziest games I've been to. 3-1 down at halftime, 4-3 up with 10 to go , and then ....... 

That was the turning point for what was already a bad season . Relegated and I don't think we won again until the penultimate game against Southampton, 6-2 ( as mentioned earlier). 

Then again, the 4-4 against Bradford was pretty mad as well ! 

This was my first ever football match. What a Baptism that was. Downhill ever since!!

PistoldPete2

I remember we were struggling at the time and I was thinking as I was walking to the bbg the old cliche ... Someone is going to cop it ... Maybe today. I timed my walk to the bbg just right... In those days the players all arrived in the bus together and I got a close up view of the Rams legends. And then the 8-2 game, as someone said if not for Jennings in the Spurs goal it would have been well into double figures. What a day. Was hoddle playing for Spurs and I think he scored if I remember rightly. 

I don't remember rightly hoddle didn't score but I remember being impressed by the youngster with the mullet. Spurs goals were from Perryman and keith osgood. The latter played for us later under Doc. 

I went to the Spurs game (8-2) unbelievable performance by Derby .

I can remember standing in the popside on the corner next to the Normanton end just in front of the floodlight pylon when some Spurs fans who had infiltrated made themselves known during the 2nd 1/2 causing a few scuffles before they were removed.

Happy memories !.The 70`s were great!

I went to the Spurs game (8-2) unbelievable performance by Derby .

I can remember standing in the popside on the corner next to the Normanton end just in front of the floodlight pylon when some Spurs fans who had infiltrated made themselves known during the 2nd 1/2 causing a few scuffles before they were removed.

Happy memories !.The 70`s were great!

I must have been standing right next to you, it was a mate of mine who 'removed' one of them in a forcible manner:ph34r:.  

Some on here have brilliant memories, I can't remember last seasons results.

Nor can I - but Billy Hodgson crossing for Eddie Thomas to lay the ball off for Ian Buxton to blast goalwards, hitting the top deck of the Ozzy End stand- that's another matter.

A taxi driver in  London got chatting with me tonight - and said he wouldn't have  picked me up if he had known I was a Derby fan!

Said in the 70's Derby beat his beloved Spurs 8-2 at Baseball Ground - I was at that match - he said it made him cry - and realised what a  brilliant Rams team we were

He asked me if we had any other scores like that - all I could remember was the 12 nil beating of Finn Harps - think that was our record! I was at that game also!!

Anyone else got a memory of a massive 6 plus!!

I certainly do remember that game and if my memory serves me right it was the late great Dave Mackay's last game as manager of the Team cos he got the sack just after. The taxi driver was right we did have a brilliant team, you should have asked him if he remembers the 5-0 thrashing we inflicted on Spurs (Jimmy Greaves and all) in September 1969 when over 40,00 crammed into the old Baseball Ground. Those were the days my friend

I saw the reserves beat west brom reserves 0-8 at the hawthorns in the late 80’s possible early 90’s our last goal was never a goal it was clearly handled by the defender and never crossed the line and should have been a penalty but I guess the ref couldn’t be bothered with the paperwork if he had sent off the west brom player, so just gave the goal instead. 

Archived