Paul Clement retweeting a moaner

Tombo

It's my opinion just like your reply is your opinion. I don't see the necessity for Clement to have replied back.

I admire and respect PC for dignifying any tweet with a reply. It serves to remind us that managers and players are human beings who do not put themselves above ordinary mortals like you and me.

I would be very upset if I had read a criticism of the way I went about doing my job, asI'm sure most of you would be. During my career I found that any criticism, justified or not, hurt a lot more than countless thank you letters and compliments.

Nowadays it is only too easy to post anything online. Once it is out there it cannot be recalled. Joking or not (most often not!) insults wound. We could all perhaps benefit from thinking several times, and reading through each post or tweet, before pressing that send button.

Even an emoticon can't be relied upon to soften the written word.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retweeting someone's insult is a classic Spanish manager/assistant coach thing to do, worked well in Madrid I heard [;)]

It results in hundreds of other fans spamming the original tweeter. As someone said earlier, it'll make people think twice and so it should.

Faceless abuse made on the spur of the moment.  In the old days, you'd have calmed down a bit before you put pen to paper and walked to the post box.

Retweeting someone's insult is a classic Spanish manager/assistant coach thing to do, worked well in Madrid I heard [;)]

It results in hundreds of other fans spamming the original tweeter. As someone said earlier, it'll make people think twice and so it should.

Faceless abuse made on the spur of the moment.  In the old days, you'd have calmed down a bit before you put pen to paper and walked to the post box.

Yeah but you've already bought the stamp now, don't want to not use it.

Archived