Pearce ?

CapeTownRams

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always going to happen. People moan when we have a small squad, then as soon as we have a big squad, people moan about players not making the 18.  It's going to be even worse when Hughes and Bryson are back fit. It'd guess at least one of Bryson, Hendrick and Butterfield will not even be making the bench.

Was always going to happen. People moan when we have a small squad, then as soon as we have a big squad, people moan about players not making the 18.  It's going to be even worse when Hughes and Bryson are back fit. It'd guess at least one of Bryson, Hendrick and Butterfield will not even be making the bench.

and I will be guessing Bryson between them 3

But Clement raced Bryson back ahead of Hendrick for the Bolton game. Obviously a lot of matches have been played since, and we have changed formation, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Hendrick not even in the 18.

I rate Hendrick ahead of Bryson... Others rate Bryson ahead of him....

Nice position for Clement to be in

I rate Hendrick ahead of Bryson... Others rate Bryson ahead of him....

Nice position for Clement to be in

It's a tough one. I think we can agree Hendrick made a fairly poor start to the season but his form has definitely improved in the last couple of games.

Bryson we've seen has a great partnership with Martin and his runs going beyond the forwards were one of the main reasons our attack threat was so potent in the 13/14 season.

Both players will be valuable to us over the course of the season but the decision as to who would make the bench would have to be judged game by game for me as to how the opposition usually set up, our play style, formation etc.

It's a tough one. I think we can agree Hendrick made a fairly poor start to the season but his form has definitely improved in the last couple of games.

Bryson we've seen has a great partnership with Martin and his runs going beyond the forwards were one of the main reasons our attack threat was so potent in the 13/14 season.

Both players will be valuable to us over the course of the season but the decision as to who would make the bench would have to be judged game by game for me as to how the opposition usually set up, our play style, formation etc.

agreed. Nice position to be in... 

Well we have seven subs. With hendo and Hanson fit, and bent and weimann we only have room for two defenders. I think fozzy was unlucky not to play today altho warnock played a couple of decent cut backs, including the assist. Shotton seems to be preferred , as he is quite versatile. We've still got bucko to come back too. The one I don't really get is Dawkins , what has he done wrong? Pearce will get his chance of we get injuries... He might be first reserve defender even tho he isn't on the bench .  

I think I read somewhere that Buxton had had a setback in his rehabilitation which is a shame. There's no doubt in my mind that he at least gets on the bench when he's back fit. He's so much better technically than people give him credit for and much better than Pearce from the little I've seen of him.

Pearce must be gutted. He prob assumed he'd be first team starter with all the hate for keogh floating about.

As off for Buxton, I dont think he'll play for us again. His big heart can only get you so far when you really need talent to excell

Jury has to be out on Pearce. He had an ineffectual game at Pompey and he's out of the picture. 

I've seen nothing from Shackell so far to make me think he won't have fight on his hands for the shirt when Bucko comes back. Shacks might be marginally better defender, but Bucko's distribution is better. Sir Jake will return.

Without the Shackell signing - he'd have been first choice as the left sided CB.

Embarrassment of riches. If Shackell goes down, we have ample replacements. Being knocked out of the cup so early robbed us of the chance to give such fringe players a chance to impress. Though half of them failed to take it when presented to them.

I daresay we'll probably see him in the 3rd Round of the FACup, depending which ball we pull out. As long as its not f*cking Chelsea again.

Archived