Martin's performance as captain

Day

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin is a poor captain in my opinion. Mardy character at the best of times, opinionated, demonstrative and quite selfish too. Good qualities for a striker, but not for a captain. Wish he could stay on his feet more too.

Thank God there is someone else not wearing rose-tinted glasses, I am one of a number who think that Martin has something of an attitude problem, he also gives the impression that he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Captain?   He couldn't skipper a pedalo on Markeaton Boating Lake.

Last season he was so important till he got injured...and he hasn't rediscovered his form yet. He is in on reputation at moment, of course he has scored a few but I think Bent would have scored as many given as much game time. Martin gets in ahead of Bent for all the other things he offers...winning flick-ons, holding up the ball, getting freekicks....unfortunately he did none of those things today, he was pretty awful and kept giving away fouls and offsides, not a good day at all. Having said that, all front '6' were pretty poor till last 20mins.

Martin is a poor captain in my opinion. Mardy character at the best of times, opinionated, demonstrative and quite selfish too. Good qualities for a striker, but not for a captain. Wish he could stay on his feet more too.

Im glad someone else has said it. I dont like his personality at all. Mardy, thinks hes better than he is and i wish hed stop chewing gum, it makes him look even more cocky

I love Chris Martin and back when we were good he was our best player and focal point.  Everything went to him and he brought the rest of the team into the game and made us play.

The problem we have now is that we don't play to his strengths.  If we aren't going to play everything through him and instead expect him to chase through balls he is no good to anyone.  He just becomes a slow, mardy player.  Such a shame.

I believe we have two choices, we can go back to our previous style of looking to hit him with every ball and feeding off him or we can drop him and play Bent instead.

Archived