Hull away on SKY

DEL

just swap the booking to the Friday then

Spend the Saturday in bridge instead

I hadn't made a booking for Hull until tonight, so I'm now sorted, and we are now booked in at Scarborough on Saturday night. The hotels aren't a problem though. It's just all becoming a bit tedious - instead of a leisurely drive up on Saturday morning it's now a case of having to take Friday afternoon off work or run the risk of getting stuck in the flipping road works on the M1.

Basically because Sky have lost the Champions League and have already got their limit on Premier League matches, they are covering as much Championship footy as they can to fill in their gaps. Same as them covering every single Spanish league match now.   

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't made a booking for Hull until tonight, so I'm now sorted, and we are now booked in at Scarborough on Saturday night. The hotels aren't a problem though. It's just all becoming a bit tedious - instead of a leisurely drive up on Saturday morning it's now a case of having to take Friday afternoon off work or run the risk of getting stuck in the flipping road works on the M1.

Basically because Sky have lost the Champions League and have already got their limit on Premier League matches, they are covering as much Championship footy as they can to fill in their gaps. Same as them covering every single Spanish league match now.   

yea but without the television money flooding into the game, mostly thick young men, whose only talent is to kick a ball well, wouldn't be able to become millionaires by doing something 99% of football fans would do for free. So stop ya wingeing

yea but without the television money flooding into the game, mostly thick young men, whose only talent is to kick a ball well, wouldn't be able to become millionaires by doing something 99% of football fans would do for free. So stop ya wingeing

Why do I keep reading your name as BaghdadBob?

"Derby's match at Hull is not being moved to Friday night - in fact, Sky have never moved a Derby match and don't even show football, and if they do it is free. In fact, Sky pay you to watch, and besides, Derby asked for the game to be moved."

Why do I keep reading your name as BaghdadBob?

"Derby's match at Hull is not being moved to Friday night - in fact, Sky have never moved a Derby match and don't even show football, and if they do it is free. In fact, Sky pay you to watch, and besides, Derby asked for the game to be moved."

i was in Saddam's inner circle before the old shock and awe thing. I was the queen of hearts. If sky are paying im defo watching on the box

I've just booked my hotel in Hull for the trip, thanks very much - unfortunately we can't get in where we wanted in Brid, so it's now Scarborough. Are you going?

Oh sorry, what was I thinking? We're not playing Tranmere, Liverpool or Everton.

I just looked train to Derby after the game and guess what? Last one is just before 9pm, only train available after game is to Sheffield not happy. Not sure which place to stay either Hull or elsewhere. 

I just looked train to Derby after the game and guess what? Last one is just before 9pm, only train available after game is to Sheffield not happy. Not sure which place to stay either Hull or elsewhere. 

£73 in Holiday Inn Hull Marina

http://www.hihullmarinahotel.co.uk/

Load of good pubs surrounding it. Bob Carvers chip shop 5 minute walk away from it, quality.

Might be worth checking other hotel websites like Booking.Com to see if you can get this Hotel cheaper.

This is annoying.

Got a mate who has lived up there for about 5 or 6 years. Every year we plan a big booze up around this match, only for it to get completely f**ked over by the fixture computer who have it on a Tuesday night. Now it's Murdoch's b*stards who've ruined it. Disappointed.

This is annoying.

Got a mate who has lived up there for about 5 or 6 years. Every year we plan a big booze up around this match, only for it to get completely f**ked over by the fixture computer who have it on a Tuesday night. Now it's Murdoch's b*stards who've ruined it. Disappointed.

why can't you still go and see your friend?

if you don't go to the match, all those match-related expenses can be spent on a bigger booze up. 

Archived