Hull away on SKY

DEL

I go to matches when I can because I love ‘just being their there’.

Watching Derby on TV is a hollow and empty kind of experience that doesn’t satisfy me. When I’m not there I always try to listen to the match on radio or ramsplayer. I’ve (eventually) come to like all the Radio Derby commentators - mainly because they’re Derby fans as well as commentators. I prefer that to the anodyne bunch of neutrals who commentate on the telly.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pet hates include people who go to Zoos disguised as Theme Parks, Cider drinkers, fans who think it funny to describe Manchester United as "manure", and in particular individuals who do not appear to know the difference between there and their. All very irrational really, so normally I just keep it to myself.

you missed out the of/off.

poor effort.

My pet hates include people who go to Zoos disguised as Theme Parks, Cider drinkers, fans who think it funny to describe Manchester United as "manure", and in particular individuals who do not appear to know the difference between there and their. All very irrational really, so normally I just keep it to myself.

And by/buy.

Come on iRam, raise your game.

Quite agree.

Can't stand people who go to zoos disguised as cider drinkers - it's a big problem in Bristol.

Know what your`e saying . But Sky has bred a whole load of " alleged fans" who can`t be bothered to get of there arses and actually attend a match.They think buy wearing a football shirt and going down the pub they are supporting there team.(One of my pet hates)

I was at flamingo land the other Sunday and noticed quite a few more penis heads with Manure shirts on than the usual token 1/2 dozen or so that are normally spotted.

Passing the sports bar in flamingo land later in the afternoon I realised they were on Sky playing Swansea so popped in for cider and to cheer the Swans on.It made my day those Manure shirt wearing ****** thought Wayne Rooney was only 2" high 

This is @i-Ram's fault, but he made me look at your post too closely. It struck me that it was one of those passages you get at GCSE where you have to correct the spelling, grammar and punctuation. So here goes...

(requires pronoun)Know what your`e (you're) saying (no space required between 'saying' and the full stop). But Sky has bred a whole load of "(no space required)alleged fans" who can`t be bothered to get of (off) there (their) arses and actually attend a match.They think (insert 'that') buy (by) wearing a football shirt and going down (insert 'to') the pub they are supporting there (their) team. (space required)(One of my pet hates)

I was at flamingo land (Flamingo Land - capital F and L) the other Sunday and noticed quite a few more penis (probably requires a hyphen) heads (one too many spaces) with Manure shirts on than the usual token 1/2 dozen (should read half-dozen) or so that are normally spotted. (contextualise - spotted where?)

Passing the sports (sports') bar in flamingo land (Flamingo Land - capital F and L) later in the afternoon (insert comma) I realised they were on Sky playing Swansea (insert comma) so popped in for cider and to cheer the Swans on.(requires space) It made my day (insert dash) those Manure shirt (insert hyphen) wearing ****** thought Wayne Rooney was only 2" high (insert full top) (clarify meaning of the last sentence, why would they think that?)

Don't take in personally by the way. It's just that people's poor grasp of basic written language skills annoys me, and iRam started picking your post apart. I know I'm being pedantic and plenty of people tell me it doesn't matter, but to me, it does.

The odd mistake is fine when written in haste or under the influence, but whole passages aren't.

LOL:D (Cider cos it was a  hot day  ) re  Manure See penis head 

This is @i-Ram's fault, but he made me look at your post too closely. It struck me that it was one of those passages you get at GCSE where you have to correct the spelling, grammar and punctuation. So here goes...

(requires pronoun)Know what your`e (you're) saying (no space required between 'saying' and the full stop). But Sky has bred a whole load of "(no space required)alleged fans" who can`t be bothered to get of (off) there (their) arses and actually attend a match.They think (insert 'that') buy (by) wearing a football shirt and going down (insert 'to') the pub they are supporting there (their) team. (space required)(One of my pet hates)

I was at flamingo land (Flamingo Land - capital F and L) the other Sunday and noticed quite a few more penis (probably requires a hyphen) heads (one too many spaces) with Manure shirts on than the usual token 1/2 dozen (should read half-dozen) or so that are normally spotted. (contextualise - spotted where?)

Passing the sports (sports') bar in flamingo land (Flamingo Land - capital F and L) later in the afternoon (insert comma) I realised they were on Sky playing Swansea (insert comma) so popped in for cider and to cheer the Swans on.(requires space) It made my day (insert dash) those Manure shirt (insert hyphen) wearing ****** thought Wayne Rooney was only 2" high (insert full top) (clarify meaning of the last sentence, why would they think that?)

Don't take in personally by the way. It's just that people's poor grasp of basic written language skills annoys me, and iRam started picking your post apart. I know I'm being pedantic and plenty of people tell me it doesn't matter, but to me, it does.

The odd mistake is fine when written in haste or under the influence, but whole passages aren't.

Jesus Christ I will be careful next time .I do not want to annoy you .

What is a full top?. A long sleeved shirt perhaps lol 

Tbf I-Ram, people only refer to Manchester United as "manure" because of the swear filter.

Jesus Christ I will be careful next time .I do not want to annoy you .

What is a full top?. A long sleeved shirt perhaps lol 

You didn't annoy me really mate. I was just bored at work. Ignore me. I was just being Eddie, Ronnie and iRam rolled into one.

It was just something to do that didn't involve puns. 

Archived