Preston North End v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you think to Brad n Butter?

I thought Butterfield looked really good in places, very confident on the ball and has all the hallmarks of what I like seeing from Derby, quick one two's and running into space. Didn't look shy of taking a shot either, should've scored really but I think he's right footed? If he's left footed, should've buried it.

Johnson, exactly like what the Norwich fan said who came to post here. Not very good at passing but certainly puts himself about. First thing he did in the opening minute was put himself into a tackle. Doesn't seem to have a quick enough mind for the quick one twos and intricate play but that's fair enough, because when he has the space anyway he looks like he'll be dangerous. We'll see a few goals fly in from him.

Not sure why Clement took Butterfield off, because Hendrick look lost out there.

Their goal looks a bit soft.

It took a deflection but the Sky Sports highlights don't really allow us to see how much of a deflection it took. Grant dived late so it was probably heading down the middle of the goal until it took a touch (again) off whoever it did.

I thought Butterfield looked really good in places, very confident on the ball and has all the hallmarks of what I like seeing from Derby, quick one two's and running into space. Didn't look shy of taking a shot either, should've scored really but I think he's right footed? If he's left footed, should've buried it.

Johnson, exactly like what the Norwich fan said who came to post here. Not very good at passing but certainly puts himself about. First thing he did in the opening minute was put himself into a tackle. Doesn't seem to have a quick enough mind for the quick one twos and intricate play but that's fair enough, because when he has the space anyway he looks like he'll be dangerous. We'll see a few goals fly in from him.

Not sure why Clement took Butterfield off, because Hendrick look lost out there.

I think Butterfield is supposed to be perfectly both footed? I saw his chance... Yeah, could have done better. Nice passage of play though. 

Cheers bNw!

A good first half performance played too deep with not enough attacking momentum,Ince was off the pace and dancing around the ball when he had it creating nothing .looked indecisive  at times at set pieces passing side ways rather than forwards but perhaps I am being over critical. Martin and Russell looked class but the team second half performance we totally switched off.Relief for PC no doubt in taking 3 points but again not playing to our strengths and a lot of teams would have at least taken a point ,Keogh special mention looked solid at the back full of confidence ,let's hope this is the turning point to our season and we can build on this .

Statistically the passing was not good. Wasteful. 

In fact statistically the game reads poor. Looking forward to some reports

Gutted to not make this one but at least there's no dreaded M6.

Should get some reports about 11pm tonight when people get home..

I'm not going to tell you anything, other than the fact that the statistics mean absolutely nothing at all. That was a win purely and simply down to attitude and the will to battle.

Seen a few negative comments bloody hell, been to the game played decent enough to get the 3 points so why moan? Filkle. Anyway Johnson looked class strong determined, butterfield look pretty good. Russell was excellent overall a decent enough performance! Positive 

Seen a few negative comments bloody hell, been to the game played decent enough to get the 3 points so why moan? Filkle. Anyway Johnson looked class strong determined, butterfield look pretty good. Russell was excellent overall a decent enough performance! Positive 

I agree - thought that Butterrfield and Johnson showed a few glimpses of things to come. Russell was a revelation  and both Martin's goals superb- I'd also single out Warnock who was everywhere until he finally ran out of legs.

Think it was perfectly placed in the corner just out of Grants reach - but not enough closing down and allwing the shot.

OK it had to be perfectly placed because there seem little pace on the shot, and if it got a slight deflection as well then maybe I am being a little unjust, does not deflect my pleasure at a good win.

I may hoist a few brews tonight .

Only one stat that matters Alpha...

Most comments on their forum praising Russell for his pace, end product etc. They're quite split in their opinion on us as a team. Some saying the gulf between the sides was as clear as the costs suggest, others saying there wasn't much in it, which may or may not be based on the scoreline.

From what I can gather, we weren't the best in the second half, however we'd done enough in the first half as it turned out. Although I'd obviously rather us not sit back on leads, it can perhaps be understood when we play again Tuesday.

Just got back, relieved for that vital first win. Good team performance today without our new players gelled into the style properly yet, shame about the injury to Baird but that's just the way it is. Hanson will have to step up now which I think he can do. COYR!

I think Butterfield is supposed to be perfectly both footed? I saw his chance... Yeah, could have done better. Nice passage of play though. 

Cheers bNw!

No worries. If he'd finished that chance I think the second half would be a different story. Wasn't to be.

If the guy that puked up reads the forum, I can still smell it now. Rotten.

No worries. If he'd finished that chance I think the second half would be a different story. Wasn't to be.

If the guy that puked up reads the forum, I can still smell it now. Rotten.

you on about the minging scrote near the front...

£25 on your ticket, thrown out after 30 mins - well done lad...

Got home at 7,10pm. Report to follow.

Back from the game.

First half, Preston didn't really threaten much but our defence were at times determined to let them through. Their striker should've scored early on at 0-0. Instead he tried what seemed to be a flamboyant way of just kicking the ball and naffed it up. I'm not sure if that was before or after the fan behind us puked up over somebody's coat...he got kicked out, caused a bit of a silly argument. His mate came back for a punch up. Silly boys.

Anyway, the first goal was unbelievable really. From where I was sitting it had similarities to that goal Bergkamp once scored in a world cup. Beautiful ball from Johnny Russell who had a brilliant first half. Chrissy Martin was also the right man to take the free kick, which he duly proved.

Preston are a poor team and it showed. Second half though, I know they were at home but we did not look comfortable at all. You'd have thought we'd at least threaten but apart from a chance for Butterfield, we didn't seem able to get forward enough to create chances.

Second half was very disappointing. On another day Preston would be walking home with a point.

Main highlight, that guy getting thrown out the ground. I didn't see what happened exactly but it looked like a PNE fan was goading Derby, who then goaded back "Jacket, from Matalan", and the PNE fan ended up getting thrown out. Full marks to the imitation tango man in the PNE side for creating a laugh.

Main moan, guy sat next to me moaning about Granty and Christie starting declaring to anyone listening "we're gonna lose". However, I let him off because he seemed like a nice bloke and we talked to each other throughout the game. Glad Granty proved him wrong with a marvellous save at 0-2.

But come on Derby, play the whole 90 minutes!

I was sat near you then. 2 rows behind the puker and 6 seats nearer the goal. Great day out, unless you were puked on of course.

Archived