Tiago Ilori

matty1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw this ... (btw Kola is his dad)

'They say he will have a chance and will go on the pre-season tour of Thailand.'

Kola also revealed Sunderland had shown interest in signing the defender on loan.

'There are other clubs interested, like Sunderland, but Sunderland is a very cold city,' he added

and it's $hithole...

Wouldn't get to excited over this.

Last two season's he's been out on loan to teams in Liga 1 and Ligue 1 in France so clearly well above championship standard.

I'm confused. Are you suggesting not to get excited because he won't be coming? 

It does sound like this one could have a good chance of happening and even if used at right back could be good cover in the centre too.

would probably also mean we will see maybe Buxton and Christie on their way.

Time will tell no doubt.

It would be a good signing to pull off, but not sure about the right back thing.

I watched him against Everton a week or so ago, however, didn't pay too much notice. 

Liverpool were 3-0, he went off and they drew 3-3. He hasn't been in a first team squad this season either. 

He was also in the side during the game that made me first notice Ibe, apparently, but he didn't catch my eye. I've heard plenty of good things about him, though, but his injury record isn't great! 

Scousers rave about him on their boards and see him as elegant, ligtning fast, strong in the air, two-footed and always unflustered. Sounds like Mark Wright! Many would have him in the team now, certainly around it. On that basis, I can see why we might be in for him as we may simply deem it's just too good an opportunity to pass up, especially if this is with a view to a buy.

Even if we're well-stocked at CB, there's always room for improvement and never room for sentiment.

If you asked your chief scout to find you a right back and he produced ryan shotton......then superseded that with cyrus christie who lasts about 6 months.......then supersedes him with chris baird.....then comes up with a Liverpool reserve on loan in the same window........then I think I'd ask him to close the door behind him on his way out.

saw this ... (btw Kola is his dad)

'They say he will have a chance and will go on the pre-season tour of Thailand.'

Kola also revealed Sunderland had shown interest in signing the defender on loan.

'There are other clubs interested, like Sunderland, but Sunderland is a very cold city,' he added

and it's $hithole...

being from Sunderland I can confirm it's a very cold city.

Having been back to stay with friends just last month, unfortunately I can also confirm that it's not a very picturesque place.

In addition to that, it's somehow become acceptable and commonplace for extremely large boned or cuddly "ladies" to wear tight see through leggings with leopard skin undercrackers on while pushing their 16 kids along the street in one pushchair.

Making it even less of a pretty place.

Greggs does a cracking meal deal on pasties and peach melbas though, so it's not all bad.

being from Sunderland I can confirm it's a very cold city.

Having been back to stay with friends just last month, unfortunately I can also confirm that it's not a very picturesque place.

In addition to that, it's somehow become acceptable and commonplace for extremely large boned or cuddly "ladies" to wear tight see through leggings with leopard skin undercrackers on while pushing their 16 kids along the street in one pushchair.

Making it even less of a pretty place.

Greggs does a cracking meal deal on pasties and peach melbas though, so it's not all bad.

It's the gentrification of Sunderland.  Ladies wearing undercrackers indeed!

Archived