Scott Carson

deano180

In general I feel more comfortable with Carson instead of Grant, I'm just bemused by Carson's inability to distribute the ball by hand?

There was many times today when Russell and Ince and the full backs got in good positions immediately when Carson gathered the ball, he looks to distribute by hand jockeying along and then kicks?

I'm guessing this must be a weak part of his game, i have witnessed this over the 5 league fixtures, its frustrating because I believe hand distribution assists our style of play rather than long punts, and also helps with the game tempo, something that Grant was very strong at.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson's been a colossus compared to the Grant that ended last season and started this. And I thought he dominated his area well today and was a reassuring presence. I remember one quick, excellent and long throw out to the left wing in the second half to get us moving. But this is one area where TV never gives you the full picture and you have to be at the game to appreciate the opportunities, so if you were there and were getting frustrated then it's maybe something he needs to do more.

His kicking is very accurate, especially to Fozzy, and there was one throw out to Russell on the left which was brilliant, but other than that he probably should consider rolling it out a bit more.

Correct, one throw and i remember a roll out beside Keogh, his kicking is excellent I agree, there is less match/game control with kicking, less chance of retaining possession, this isn't just today its been all of his appearances so far, Im not being critical, just something I would like to see some work on in the future.

It's strange that I think his kicking is worst part of his game and everyone else thinks it's good. He seems very fond of the hoof up the pitch after a corner looking for Ince or Russell which he nearly always over hits and gives possession to the opposite team, and he goal kicks (unless they go towards Forsyth which admittedly tend to be accurate) seem to be a bit hap hazard. 

I would rather a keeper who is consistent and does the basics than one who pulls of the odd worldly save but is dodgy as hell.

I think his kicking is excellent, its actually let down by our forwards not fighting enough for the ball. Martin was poor yesterday when the ball was kicked up to him and not just by Carson, just didnt seem to have the fight or desire.

Archived