Would you...

Sam_DCFC_1994

Like to see Martin and Bent start together on Saturday?

Or would you rather have Martin lead the line on his own as normal?

I enjoyed watching the Birmingham match, I thought Bent looked really mobile, and lead the line well with Martin. I would like to see them form a partnership, could be lethal.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked that lineup vs. Brum, and wouldn't be too disappointed to see it again vs. Leeds. That was easily our best performance so far - the only thing was that luck wasn't on our side. Ince hit the post, Bent hit the bar, Weimann was so unlucky after some great work.

The only drawback was with 2 defensively minded CMs in Thorne and Baird, the gap between midfield and attack was huge, and incidentally, where the Gleeson goal came from. Thorne and Hanson in the middle would be ideal.

Martin was far more involved with Bent ahead of him, and we looked much better for it.

What I'd like to see:

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Ince, Hanson, Thorne, Russell, Bent, Martin.

What I think we'll see:

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Thorne, Hanson, Hendrick, Russell, Ince, Martin.

I wouldn't change a single thing. Derby got better with time during the Blouse game, and I think we need any momentum to turn into victory.

I thought Bent got faster and sharper during the game too, so wouldn't drop him.

would like to see this only if we get Butterfield in before then. Too often against Brum Thorne and Baird were pushing up at the same time leaving our back four too exposed or holding back at the same time limiting the forwards options. 

I wouldn't change a single thing. Derby got better with time during the Blouse game, and I think we need any momentum to turn into victory.

I thought Bent got faster and sharper during the game too, so wouldn't drop him.

well said @Mostyn6 ,    said what i was going to say   :thumbsup:

I don't think Martin looked that great v Birmingham and wasn't anywhere near as effective as he has been for us in a 4-3-3, saying that as a team I thought we looked really good in the second half and would be reluctant to change things, especially as I would be expecting a bit of a scrap and Martin would be ideal to have in. 

Saying that I'm also desperate to see Why Why Why Weimann starting games and it would be hard to drop Ince or Russell at the moment,

I do think they've got big potential together. I think the lack of midfield was very apparent against Birmingham though. I think playing Weimann up top with Martin/Bent in a 442 would help, being a bit more mobile and coming deep, he'd help to link up play a bit. 

I'd like to see Bent and Martin paired together again; I like the partnership. 

Bent plays on the shoulder and Martin is very good at picking the ball out of the sky and getting it to a man in the box. 

It needs work. They need to become more in sync together, but with a good run that will come. Bent, given chances, will score and score and score. Martin has a lot more to his game, so I'd look to tap into that a lot more. 

It will be interesting to see how we line up, because, should Butterfield come in, we have a few options again. 

Just been speaking to the gardener who is a Leeds fan (I live in Leeds) and pointed out that Ince is yet to score this season; he winced (yeah, yeah Ince Wince etc). He's been getting better with each game and is going to explode soon (not literally) and I hope it will happen on Saturday, so I'm backing an Ince hat-trick.

Same team as Birmingham for me, but agree as above; there'll always be a place for Baird so expect to see him back at RB with Hanson or A.N. Other in at CM.

P.S. Me: "How's your defence looking?", Him: "Pretty solid", Me: "Hmmmmm".

The Brum game is the first time I can honestly say Bent contributed to the team other than scoring goals, and my it was a breath of fresh air. The team against Birmingham played their socks off and the only thing I'd maybe change is give Baird a rest (30 something and looked exhausted by the end). It'd be a surprise if Christies still in the team, as even though he played okay/well Clement didn't seem to agree in his interview afterwards.

Archived