Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Bit tired do you think? 33 year old Chris Baird is playing his 3rd game in 6 days, as are Keogh, Shackell, Thorne, Ince and Martin.

I think Thorne looks a bit tired too... Not surprising as we're asking him to be a one- man midfield. 

Really don't like this set up ....  Russel looks cumbersome, Martin slow, Bent clumsy .... Thorne inconspicuous....... How long before the crowd start singing .... You don't know what you're doing ..... Anyone can string 50 passes together in there own half and then give it away .... I may be proven wrong (and really hope I am) ... But if Clement is still in charge by Christmas I'll be amazed he's assembled a group of premier league also rans

At the game - think there are some unfair comments here.

look how deep they are defending against us. Even the two strikers are half way in their own half.

We have attacking players on the pitch hence we look a bit uncomfortable at times defensively but is not easy with 11 men back behind the ball. The goal was lucky but I don't have an issue with my centre mid not running out to block a shot from 40 yards. It's when they are under 25 yards I want them running out.

I would like bent to get in behind them more. Martin won't be as effective holding the ball up as e doesn't have the runners in this formation - so it's hold it up and spread it out wide.

anyway far too many fans not getting behind the team enough for my liking.

You make your own luck in football, unfortunately. I do think we've done okay, but we're definitely lacking something. 

45 minutes to sort it out, but we need to show a lot more aggression and will to get on to chances when they get in the box. I don't think we have the look of a side that will in the Premier League next season. 

Bar the first 10 minutes when I really feared it was going to be one sided, it's not been too bad at all, that spell of 5 fairly clear cut chances, one of those has to be put away.

I reckon we had the ball under control in the half for about 15 seconds of those first 10 minutes.

Poor from Baird for their goal, it's ok expecting your keeper not to get beat from 30 yards but to turn your back on a fairly tame shot is unforgivable. I still think he's been the better of the two central midfielders though.

I know Russell is fans favourite and everything but he must lose possesion at least every other time he touches it.

been awful today. 2 chances to shoot and didn't either time and wanders round aimlessly if he doesn't have the ball. 

To be fair to the lads its 2 games in 4 days but can't say it's great football to watch on a Friday night.

weimann coming on for Russell again hopefully :) 

I hope he doesn't, Russell at least controls it Weimann couldn't trap cement on Tuesday the free times he managed to get to a pass

Archived