Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

When you're in a hole, stop digging. Stonewall pen. Martin couldn't move because he was being stood on and had to go down. Agreed by all the pundits. You'll think so when you see it on the telly. Terrible decision.

Watched it at the game.... Straight away thought dive... No hole digging... Absolute spot on decision... We will agree to disagree....

Dont get started on "pundits" on TV.... If they were any good they would be coaching/still in football wouldn't they?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as aside.... Soon as the penalty incident happened.... Everyone around me looked at each other and said exactly the same... Dive

If bairds a midfielder I'm an Englishman , Bryso becoming a better player by no playing , when he's back fit everything will click into place 

I'm a big Bryson fan but give it a rest man! He's going to have to get a restraining order soon. Are you the reason he deleted his twitter? ;)

No way was that a penalty. It was a horrible dive.

He had his foot stepped on stopping his momentum .... Yes maybe looking for it but nevertheless he still had his foot stepped on I've seen countless penalties given for that and less 

I feel somewhat ambivalent in that we've now taken just 4 points from a possible 12, but I'm reasonably happy with the way we're playing. Unbelievable bad luck for the goal, yet again. You can't rush and press people when they're 30 yards out. No deflection and it's an easy save for Carson and if it had deflected literally anywhere other than right into the bottom corner it would've been fine.

I liked the formation. I liked the positivity of starting with two forwards. I liked how Clement had tweaked the 4-4-2 from midweek, evidently telling Thorne and Baird to push on and not play so deep.

A few complaints.

SHOOOT! ****ing shoot! Russell, Ince. When you are 6-8 yards from goal you do not need to turn inside and beat the man again. Just SHOOOT!

Baird, the Brum goal was bad luck. I've already said that no one can be expected to close down midfielders who are 30 yards from goal, but don't turn around to Shackell and try to put the blame on him.

Martin did get his foot stamped on, but he was already looking to go down and did himself no favours with that weird spasmodic overacted fall. Next time just get your first touch right and bang it in.

Think he was having a go at Carson, shouldn't really have been beaten from there, deflection or not, at his near post, got his positioning wrong.

I didnt think it was a penalty at first. I thought it was a dive. But in the replays, it shows that Martin was clearly trodden on. Very hard to see that in the moment - but I wasn't on the pitch and im not a professional top level referee....

Dodgy ref. 

Martin was going down well before he was touched.... Bought it on myself I thought

Garbage .... you'll be embarrassed when you watch it back. Martin has time to collide (upright) with the B'ham player before going down , all after the stamp on his foot.

Think he was having a go at Carson, shouldn't really have been beaten from there, deflection or not, at his near post, got his positioning wrong.

In fairness to Carson, the lad who shot's shape suggested the ball was going into the other corner. Carson clearly leans that way before the deflection, and it was perfectly in the corner. A taller GK would have saved it. 

I'm a big Bryson fan but give it a rest man! He's going to have to get a restraining order soon. Are you the reason he deleted his twitter? ;)

most of the time I'm at the wind up but I firmly believe someone who makes the runs he does is the missing link in Clements system , time will tell if I'm correct or not 

Watched it at the game.... Straight away thought dive... No hole digging... Absolute spot on decision... We will agree to disagree....

Dont get started on "pundits" on TV.... If they were any good they would be coaching/still in football wouldn't they?

Seriously, I would like Chrissy Martin to go round to your house and have you explain to him why you believe it's clearly not a penalty when someone comes down hard right on top of your foot and stays standing on it making it impossible for you to move that leg. :D

Agree many pundits don't know the rules, but those two are relatively sensible. As Higginbottom said, "every time you watch it, it becomes a clearer and clearer penalty".

most of the time I'm at the wind up but I firmly believe someone who makes the runs he does is the missing link in Clements system , time will tell if I'm correct or not 

He wouldn't get the space the way teams are playing, but I think he'd still be fairly neat in the middle anyway and he'd ensure that they continued to have to be on the ball because if there is any space, Bryson will fill it. We'll see when he comes back.

Garbage .... you'll be embarrassed when you watch it back. Martin has time to collide (upright) with the B'ham player before going down , all after the stamp on his foot.

Martin was going over and looking for it... Sorry, it wasn't a pen... And as you say... Watch it back. Didn't realise referees could have that superpower to do that... Agree to disagree 

In fairness to Carson, the lad who shot's shape suggested the ball was going into the other corner. Carson clearly leans that way before the deflection, and it was perfectly in the corner. A taller GK would have saved it. 

I have taken that into account but his staring position is bad. I can guarantee when he sees it back (if he isn't already) he will be bitterly disappointed he was beaten by that shot.

Seriously, I would like Chrissy Martin to go round to your house and have you explain to him why you believe it's clearly not a penalty when someone comes down hard right on top of your foot and stays standing on it making it impossible for you to move that leg. :D

Agree many pundits don't know the rules, but those two are relatively sensible. As Higginbottom said, "every time you watch it, it becomes a clearer and clearer penalty".

if it was stonewall why didn't he give it? Also with your last point... How many times do the ref see it? 

Chrissy is welcome anytime. I would tell him what I thought. As we have done! Agreed to disagree

Archived