Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

!. Give MACKWORTHRAM his own thread

2. No way is Butterfield worth £5 or anywhere close.

3. Other Clubs appear to have us' by the base of the starklies'  (Coneheads  film term)

4. We have to take risks and some may not work. I think that we may be getting a £1.2 million player

5.We cannot afford not to sign someone at this time, plus we need someone else on loan.

6. In the greater scheme of things, it is all good IF we get promoted.

7. Butterfield is a kingpin where he is and will not be a kingpin with us. He will need to fit in right away.

Thanks for your monetary and talent evaluation.

Do you like the long ball game? He's not a great passer, he wouldn't fit that well in the side. 

U seem to know alot more about him and the australia team than i do.... so granted if he isnt the greatest passer of the ball.... seems decent passer from what ive seen.... but if he isnt then all he has to do is smash someone in half, take the ball and pass it to king george :) having him in there wouldn't mean we would go long ball especially if u said he cant pass..... all irrelevant now anyway as it seems butterfield on way.... nice debate with you though dude 

I think he'll be signed up at some point and he won't be cheap either. 

I do fail to believe that because we've spent money they will want more off us for him. He sounds like their best player for a country mile, so I'm not surprised they want a decent wedge for him. 

I like the fact we're in for a player that's unanimously rated by the club he plays for, too. I don't think that happens an awful lot. Martin, Hughes...etc all have their critics. 

ill go with mackworth ram dude.... you will soon learn how itk he is :lol:

No problem, no reason to doubt him whatsoever, I've read this forum for a long, long time. But if you want to read a couple of older threads (Will Hughes replacement thread in particular) I think you'll see that I was the first to reveal we were in for Butterfield. So I'm just passing on what I'm told, just as I'm sure Mackworth is. 

I'm not ITK on anything, I happened upon this by accident, I just hope as a supporter that we finally reach an agreement with Hudds because I really do admire the player and have done from afar for some time. 

U seem to know alot more about him and the australia team than i do.... so granted if he isnt the greatest passer of the ball.... seems decent passer from what ive seen.... but if he isnt then all he has to do is smash someone in half, take the ball and pass it to king george :) having him in there wouldn't mean we would go long ball especially if u said he cant pass..... all irrelevant now anyway as it seems butterfield on way.... nice debate with you though dude 

I could see the point to him if we could deploy him with Hughes and Thorne, essentially as an enforcer. Been watching him since his time with the Mariners. A good player, but pretty much the opposite type of midfielder to what we're after. I might be exaggerating a bit when I say he's a bad passer, he's just not that good a passer of the ball. His strengths are with his power, positioning and such though. Him being overshadowed for Australia in midfield by Milligan says it all though about how well he operates in a quick passing style of play though. Again, if we were after an Australian defensive midfielder, I'd have looked to Milligan or potentially even Brattan (who looks like he might want out of Brisbane with their current issues).

Brattan is probably the best passer Australia has, but a bit of a different type to both of them, closer to the Thorne type of player, if a bit smaller (though very good in the tackle). He's still to be capped for Australia though. 

I dont know for sure. But I think its not the fee thats the issue. Its how the fee is paid. 

My source has told me that the deal is likely to be done. 

Derby want it done before the weekend. 

I have no idea if this will happen or not. 

Wasn't that the issue with the Ince signing?, how it would be paid?. Sure I saw it somewhere.....unless i dreamt it :D

Thanks for your monetary and talent evaluation.

Srg, I trust that your thanks are heartfelt and without prejudice. I further trust that you realise that all data is subject to technical update without warning and that no animals were harmed in the monetary and financial evaluation. :)

Archived