Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

They are but the last couple of days I've had trouble accessing the main forum page, the button at the bottom simply won't work <_<.

If anyone can quote SDSR's exact words that'd be much appreciated.

"This one isn't far away from being done I think. Fairly substantial fee, needs to be ironed out. Personal terms agreed. All the noises out the club suggest this. I'd be shocked if he's not in for Leeds."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are but the last couple of days I've had trouble accessing the main forum page, the button at the bottom simply won't work <_<.

If anyone can quote SDSR's exact words that'd be much appreciated.

"This one isn't far away from being done I think. Fairly substantial fee, needs to be ironed out. Personal terms agreed. All the noises out the club suggest this. I'd be shocked if he's not in for Leeds"

This is one of the few times I'm doubting SDSR's information. I don't see how we can have agreed terms and he still play today with the risk of suspension/injury (And he did actually go off with an injury according to a Huddersfield fan I speak to) 

"This one isn't far away from being done I think. Fairly substantial fee, needs to be ironed out. Personal terms agreed. All the noises out the club suggest this. I'd be shocked if he's not in for Leeds"

This is one of the few times I'm doubting SDSR's information. I don't see how we can have agreed terms and he still play today with the risk of suspension/injury (And he did actually go off with an injury according to a Huddersfield fan I speak to) 

Based on Shackell and Dyche's comments post his signing, terms were agreed weeks before he signed. That's the way football is done these days. It obviously isn't contractual, and it will be a verbal agreement with the agent, but Rush, Evans and his party will be on the same page. No actual commitment means injury isn't really an issue

Cheers.

Yeah a thigh strain I think I read.

Maybe agreed personal terms on a more informal level? We tapped Shackell up it seems so...

My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that we're playing silly ******** behind the scenes because we know we're an attractive proposition.

On the surface, I think we run things the right way. However, I think we also know what buttons to press in order to give us a better chance at pulling off a deal. 

I don't get the whole idea that bidding for a player 24 hours before a game is unprofessional, though. I mean, when else are we meant to bid for them now? Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday... 

The chances are that Sam is contacting the club and putting in a bid and at the same time contacting the players agent to ask what kind of wage the player would be looking for. If the agent then asks the player what he would like and tells Sam, who then says that he is willing to pay what the player wants, is that classed as tapping up a player or just a conversation between our club and an agent?

Didn't Rush used to own/run an agents firm or something along those lines? He will be well connected and know exactly how to go about the business of getting a targeted player away from a club. Probably a large part of why we have had such success getting good players in since his arrival...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 'What Sam wants, Sam gets'. 

Archived