Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

If we can't beat this Hull City side in the Play Offs over two legs we certainly don't deserve another trip to Wembley & to go up this season. Watching them today against bottom club Bolton they look absolutley dreadful.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TETRA said:

If we can't beat this Hull City side in the Play Offs over two legs we certainly don't deserve another trip to Wembley & to go up this season. Watching them today against bottom club Bolton they look absolutley dreadful.

Not watching it, but its exactly what I wanted to hear.

Hull have a good squad strength in depth, but I dont believe Bruce knows his best team. Until the snodgrass goal against Wolves they looked dreadful for a few weeks. Then with 2 games in a week, Bruce decides to change 7 players (presumably to keep what he thought was his first XI fresh). Without playing well, they scored 2 and maybe gave Bruce something to think about. Bruce changes 6 again today into what he thinks is his strongest XI and ha.... they are losing to already relegated Bolton. Serves him right.

I say let Bruce play the Paul Clement game of having a squad too big, that means to keep them happy he is constantly changing personnel, and thus the team has no cohesion. Whilst we keep winning with our settled team.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Not watching it, but its exactly what I wanted to hear.

Hull have a good squad strength in depth, but I dont believe Bruce knows his best team. Until the snodgrass goal against Wolves they looked dreadful for a few weeks. Then with 2 games in a week, Bruce decides to change 7 players (presumably to keep what he thought was his first XI fresh). Without playing well, they scored 2 and maybe gave Bruce something to think about. Bruce changes 6 again today into what he thinks is his strongest XI and ha.... they are losing to already relegated Bolton. Serves him right.

I say let Bruce play the Paul Clement game of having a squad too big, that means to keep them happy he is constantly changing personnel, and thus the team has no cohesion. Whilst we keep winning with our settled team.

Not sure they have their strongest 11 out there, seems more of a mix and match with fringe and first choice to me.

Losing a 2nd string Bolton... Oh dear 

If we can't beat Hull then :lol:

Watching that I really don't care if we play away 2nd, simply because if Hull are anything like today we should be out of sight by the 2nd leg. got to have at least a 2 goal buffer though 

Archived