• Last Reply

My XI

Carson

Baird        Keogh               Shackell         Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick              Hanson

Ince                                                            Russell/Weimann

Martin

My expectation is that we'll go into this game a little too negative and fans will get frustrated. 

I imagine it will be the same team with Weimann in for Russell. I'd like to see Bent in the side, perhaps for Hendrick. 

Hanson and Thorne sat deep with a front four of Bent, Martin, Ince and Weimann. 

My starting 11

Carson

Thorne

Dawkins            Hanson

Ince                                                            Weimann

Martin

Russell to replace Weimann after he bags a brace ;)

My starting 11

Carson

Thorne

Dawkins            Hanson

Ince                                                            Weimann

Martin

Russell to replace Weimann after he bags a brace ;)

I agree with Weimann for Russell he wasn't at his best yesterday but in the 4-3-3 I would rather have Hendrick because he has more experience in that role

Feels odd to have a fixture with such a 'big game' feeling about it this early in the season. Inevitable I suppose given both sides' transfer activity and pre season odds at the bookies.

I'm slightly apprehensive about this one to be honest. Boro's major strength last season was their defence. They conceded less goals than anyone else in the division. We found them difficult to break down in both games, especially in that dreadful away fixture.  There major weakness was in the attacking department. If they ever went behind they seldom got back into the game.

What makes them different this time around is the bolstering of their attacking options. Nugent, Downing, Stuani and Fabrini all appear to be upgrades on those that have left and they now look to be a far more expensive and dynamic force going forward.

On the other hand Derby and Clement, despite the greatly improved  performance against Charlton, are still finding their rhythm, shape and form (for entirely understandable reasons) and have key players missing without adequate replacement as of yet. 

Our overall defensive strength has been improved since last season but Shackell, Keogh, Thorne et al will need to be bang on their game whilst the front players will need to find their shooting boots and be far more clinical when the opportunity arises.

If I were Clement  I would stick with 433 at home after Saturday and play to our strengths. 

I will be pleased with a score draw on Tuesday if I'm being honest. Hopefully more though as ever!

I'm yet to click the link, but my feeling is at this early stage, Clement needs to pick the same side and allow some familiarity in the team. Chopping and changing never works.

I agree PC needs to be consistent with his selections so the players can get used to each other and we can start winning I'm sure soon the players will have more confidence in each other and will have gelled a bit more and we can go up.

Boro have injuries at centre back so they're either going to play 17 year old Fry with Ayala (Like against Preston) or move Kalas to centre back and bring in Nsue at right back (like against Bolton). Garner caused them all sorts of problems when Fry was at centre back so you'd hope Martin could do the same. And Nsue is very poor defensively at right back so if they choose to play him again, Russell or Weimann could do well against him

I'm picking my side and formation based on the ratings over 2 games.

Carson

Baird                   Keogh                  Shackell             Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick                         Hanson

Ince                                                                     Russell

Martin

I've used my eyes and for all it's limitations brain to swap Hendrick and Hanson over. It would make sense to me have Hanson who plays deeper than Hendrick to play on the same side as Forsyth.

Archived